Is one night on 7 nighter dressier than others?

mafig

I know there's no formal night like in the past.  However, I'm planning what clothes to bring and wonder if one evening is dressier than others (to bring my sparkly top).

This would be for Joy 7 night Caribbean.

Edited by mafig

Hi,

Bring along exactly what you want to wear.  I myself like to dress up for the evening.  Your sparkly sounds just great.  Sometimes the only time we get to dress up a bit is on a cruise.

I'll be on the Joy in September and really looking forward to it after having to cancel cruises over the past 2 years.

Happytotravel

• Like 3

Some people may mention Norwegian night out, and perhaps more people do dress up on that night (I couldn’t care less what anyone else is wearing so wouldn’t notice), but just bring your sparkly top if you want and wear it when you want.

• Like 4

We always up our game a bit on Norwegian's Night Out and when eating in one of the restaurants, because that's what we enjoy.  I know the staff appreciates it, too, because we are always complimented on our attire.  I'm not talking about a cocktail dress for me or even a jacket for my husband; our "dressing up" is a nice polo shirt & pants for the Hubs and a nice dress with pretty jewelry & sparkly sandals or something along those lines for me.  A lot of people don't dress up and, if that's what makes them happy, it's all good.  We sometimes have our photo taken on those nights as a fun memento or even to use on that year's Christmas card.  Wear what makes you happy!  You will not feel out of place and I know that you'll look lovely in your sparkly top!

Edited by NikiPinkston
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Dream1 said:

I like dressing for dinner so I bring and wear what I want.

And the really great thing is that whilst I absolutely hate dressing for dinner we are both catered for, without anyone being excluded from certain areas etc. We are both able to make our own decisions. 🙂

• Like 6

I was on the Getaway in March and there was barely a mention of dressing up at all.   That's a change from when I sailed NCL before when they used to have "Formal Night...Or Not" which essentially was if you wanted to dress up on those nights, you were encouraged to, but you didn't really have to.   So I would bring a sport coat and slacks for those two nights and my wife a dress.  This time around, we wore jeans, polo shirts and such, but my son wore a tshirt and jeans a couple of nights and shorts and nobody said anything.  I remember reading here that people would get "mad" if you didn't dress up, but that's no longer the case, at least on NCL.   I'm on vacation and I don't really like dressing up on vacation, but you can if you want to.