Insurance Coverage When Air is Refundable

I recently booked a cruise for August 2022.  When seeking insurance quotes, I assume I put the amount of what the entire cruise would cost.  Not the entire cruise plus the air since the air is refundable?  Silly question I guess, but just checking!

Thank you and your crew for the wonderful information and service I've always received! 

8 hours ago, bbtondo said:

I recently booked a cruise for August 2022.  When seeking insurance quotes, I assume I put the amount of what the entire cruise would cost.  Not the entire cruise plus the air since the air is refundable?  Silly question I guess, but just checking!

Thank you and your crew for the wonderful information and service I've always received! 

Hi bbtondo,

> Not the entire cruise plus the air since the air is refundable?

If your airfare is 100% refundable, you don’t have to include its cost. Refundable means if you cancel your ticket you will get 100% of your money back in cash. If you receive an “E-credit” or any other reusable credit, your airfare is not refundable.

https://tripinsurancestore.com/what-is-your-trip-cost/

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi bbtondo,

> Not the entire cruise plus the air since the air is refundable?

If your airfare is 100% refundable, you don’t have to include its cost. Refundable means if you cancel your ticket you will get 100% of your money back in cash. If you receive an “E-credit” or any other reusable credit, your airfare is not refundable.

https://tripinsurancestore.com/what-is-your-trip-cost/

Steve Dasseos

Thanks Steve!  Yes, my airfare is fully refundable getting 100 percent of my money back in cash.