Hello from the Allure, 3/27 sailing!

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think you are fortunate to not have seen the CD. When I was aboard in January I thought he had zero personality. He did the most slow paced and boring Love and Marriage show that I have ever seen. I have no idea why he is the CD of an O class ship.

That’s what I told my mom when she complained - it was one of my “well, Cruise Critic said…” moments. 

Again, we LOVED the entire CD staff team, so it was disappointing to think of how frustrating it must be for them to pull the weight on such a large ship when the CD is MIA. He definitely should be taken off the ship and put on a smaller one, if anything.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CityChickCruising said:

That’s what I told my mom when she complained - it was one of my “well, Cruise Critic said…” moments. 

Again, we LOVED the entire CD staff team, so it was disappointing to think of how frustrating it must be for them to pull the weight on such a large ship when the CD is MIA. He definitely should be taken off the ship and put on a smaller one, if anything.

As far as the staff goes, if I were one of them I might like that I wasn't being micro managed and had a chance to show off my talents. Some CDs like to be the star of everything. You remember the staff because they had a chance to shine instead of playing second fiddle to a CD. That is how they become future CDs.

• Like 1

Glad you had a great cruise!! Some questions if you don't mind- 

-Was the Trellis bar in central park open? What about the margarita bar on boardwalk?

-How were lines with the amount of passengers? Specifically for gangways on/off at ports

-If you had the drink package, did bars give out cans of bottled water? If they were canned did they have resealable caps or were they like coke cans?

Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

As far as the staff goes, if I were one of them I might like that I wasn't being micro managed and had a chance to show off my talents. Some CDs like to be the star of everything. You remember the staff because they had a chance to shine instead of playing second fiddle to a CD. That is how they become future CDs.

This makes me feel better - great insight! I just wanted them to feel recognized for their work and not overshadowed by the fact that they have a lackluster CD… Which I think is what happened thanks to how great and present they were! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rflan22 said:

Glad you had a great cruise!! Some questions if you don't mind- 

-Was the Trellis bar in central park open? What about the margarita bar on boardwalk?

-How were lines with the amount of passengers? Specifically for gangways on/off at ports

-If you had the drink package, did bars give out cans of bottled water? If they were canned did they have resealable caps or were they like coke cans?

Thank you!!!

Happy to answer Qs!

Trellis bar was open, we enjoyed our last drink of the cruise there last night!

Sabor bar on the boardwalk wasn’t open, but they had tons of staff walking around grabbing drink orders during the Aqua show (and our three cancelled shows lol) and they made everything we asked for, including frozen drinks, so we were pleased with that.

So we were late getting to Roatan and had gotten down to wait about 20 mins before the plank was allegedly going down. There were a lot of people waiting there, but we got down seamlessly without a wait. Cozumel we left about 30 mins after the gangway went down and had no wait. No wait at either getting back on the ship, though it took a while to go through security getting back onto ship after Cozumel, but a lot of people were wasted from Margaritaville and Senor Frogs and fighting security about bringing frozen drinks on ship, so… not too bad all things considered! 

We had the drink package and water was always in a plastic bottle. We got it from most bars and they all had plastic! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you for your review!  We are on Alligator Alley right now, heading for the Allure. Looking forward to cruising on the Oasis Class ship for the first time🙂

Amazing!! It was a fantastic trip and also my first Oasis Class ship. We loved it! Hope you have the best time - make sure to book shows ASAP, they were all booked by first night! 

Thank you so much for all of your sharing and insights. I am so sorry about Costa Maya, but glad you loved Roatan. We are going on the accessible excursion to see animals and hold a sloth there, and I cannot wait! So glad you had a lovely time overall. Your review has got us even more excited to go!

4 hours ago, CatLadyFemme said:

Thank you so much for all of your sharing and insights. I am so sorry about Costa Maya, but glad you loved Roatan. We are going on the accessible excursion to see animals and hold a sloth there, and I cannot wait! So glad you had a lovely time overall. Your review has got us even more excited to go!

You will love your trip!! Excited for you to go. Not sure who your excursion is with, but get explicit instructions on where to meet them, especially if someone is in need of some assistance with traveling. The Roatan port was pretty inaccessible and difficult to navigate, so just want you to be prepared for that! 

2 hours ago, CityChickCruising said:

You will love your trip!! Excited for you to go. Not sure who your excursion is with, but get explicit instructions on where to meet them, especially if someone is in need of some assistance with traveling. The Roatan port was pretty inaccessible and difficult to navigate, so just want you to be prepared for that! 

Noted! I am debating about bringing my rolling walker (in addition to my usual cane); do you think that would make it easier or more complicated in the ports? 

On 3/28/2022 at 11:34 AM, CityChickCruising said:

Feel free to ask any questions, you will love it! Feels so good to be cruising again, we are loving it. 

We will also be on the 22nd sailing and I have 2 questions - don't know if you an answer.  We will be driving from Tampa (4 hours) and will probably leave a little earlier to cover any longer stops. Question: what if we get to the port a little earlier than our allocated time, will they let us board or do we have to wait outside?  Also are the only options to book the shows on their app on the day of sailing? I guess this can only be done on arrival?

1 hour ago, zebra said:

We will also be on the 22nd sailing and I have 2 questions - don't know if you an answer.  We will be driving from Tampa (4 hours) and will probably leave a little earlier to cover any longer stops. Question: what if we get to the port a little earlier than our allocated time, will they let us board or do we have to wait outside?  Also are the only options to book the shows on their app on the day of sailing? I guess this can only be done on arrival?

When I sailed in January they would not let people into the terminal before their boarding time. Maybe things have changed since then.

As for reservations, the options are to use the app after boarding or go the a place called the Box Office after boarding and they will help with reservations. They cannot be made prior to boarding.

Thank you for all the info, I’ll be on Allure May 8th for my first solo cruise. We are stopping at Coco Cay instead of Roaton so hopefully third time is the charm, high winds prevented us from getting there twice. Can you book the shows before the cruise or not until embarkation? I can’t wait, I’m done with Michigan weather!

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 8:38 AM, CityChickCruising said:

In Cozumel we went to Nachi Cocom which was as beautiful as reported. Drinks were flowing, food was plentiful and the water was gorgeous. It was allegedly booked up the day we went - it caps at 120-130, don’t know exact figure - but didn’t feel super crowded even then! We got there around 9am and got a great spot on the beach with two loungers and a little straw umbrella hut.

Nachi Cocum is one of my favorite excursions EVER. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed it! Thank you for this review. 🙂