NCL transfer from Hotel

GafferJohn

We booked our flights from the UK through NCL when we made our booking. They have put us in the Pullman in Miami and, after I got them to check their phone call recordings, have agreed that we did book transfers as well. We have checked in and booked a 9.00 to 9.30 slot, as we are considering trying to get Vibe passes. Unless we book a taxi and ignore our transfer, then the time we get to the port is dependent on what time the transfer leaves the hotel and gets to the port. There is nothing on our booking about the time.

Does anyone know if we can request a transfer at a set time or are we told what time the transfer is, to suit the transfer company ? If we want the Vibe passes, should we book a taxi to get us there for 9am ?

Thanks for any help

It does not MATTER what time you arrive at the pier for check-in, you will not board the ship until somewhere around 11:15 or so.

What ship are you sailing?  Some of the newer ships (Getaway for example) has an area on the back of Deck 15 called Spice H2O-- which is a sun deck and bar area open to adults only during the day and is FREE.

It is unfortunate that you are staying out by the airport and not in the city since you are stuck with zero nightlife. It would less than $25 for an Uber and would be my preferred mode of transportation rather than waiting on a motor coach of people. Since you are staying near the airport my guess is that you will be waiting a while as they will likely pick you up then have you wait at the airport while the coach fills with passengers flying in that morning.

2022-03-28_9-14-22.jpg

59 minutes ago, nolatravelgirl said:

It would less than $25 for an Uber

You have to look at the proper day, there is surge pricing.  I was in Miami for my March 19 cruise and used Uber to get to the port.  I stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn on the NW corner of the airfield and paid just under $40 plus tip (which I gave in cash) for a ride to the cruise terminal.  Estimates for other days were lower.

1 hour ago, nolatravelgirl said:

It is unfortunate that you are staying out by the airport and not in the city since you are stuck with zero nightlife. It would less than $25 for an Uber and would be my preferred mode of transportation rather than waiting on a motor coach of people. Since you are staying near the airport my guess is that you will be waiting a while as they will likely pick you up then have you wait at the airport while the coach fills with passengers flying in that morning.

2022-03-28_9-14-22.jpg

I have stayed at The Pullman a number of times with a transfer to the ship.  Never took more than 15 minutes to load the bus and clear the hotel parking lot.  The Pullman pre-Covid did have FREE shuttle from the airport to the hotel.

18 minutes ago, hallux said:

You have to look at the proper day, there is surge pricing.  I was in Miami for my March 19 cruise and used Uber to get to the port.  I stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn on the NW corner of the airfield and paid just under $40 plus tip (which I gave in cash) for a ride to the cruise terminal.  Estimates for other days were lower.

Agree that surge pricing is always a possibility. My point being is I would prefer to stay in town and have a nice dinner and then take a taxi or Uber depending on timing. I loathe being herded onto motor coaches with no idea about when we would be leaving. When I finish packing in the morning I want to be on my way to my destination and not waiting on Ma & Pa Kettle to find their way to the buses. 

2 hours ago, www3traveler said:

It does not MATTER what time you arrive at the pier for check-in, you will not board the ship until somewhere around 11:15 or so.

What ship are you sailing?  Some of the newer ships (Getaway for example) has an area on the back of Deck 15 called Spice H2O-- which is a sun deck and bar area open to adults only during the day and is FREE.

But it does matter for Vibe because the earlier you get there the lower your boarding group number.