Post cruise land package missing from my record.

milepig

Is this how WS does this?

We have an 8 day cruise from Athens to Istanbul followed by 3 nights on shore in Istanbul - booked as the entire advertised cruise.

When I look at my detailed itinerary online I can only see the cruise portion, the trip shows as ending on the last day of the cruise portion, and there is no reference to the land portion anywhere. My TA has billed me for the entire trip, but the cruise and land portions and separated onto two lines.

Oddly, the days on shore are showing as "bookable" on the excursions list for this cruise, even though they are included.

Both WS and my TA say it's all fine but it just seems to be odd that it isn't showing on my details, (but then WS details can indeed BE odd and it turns out fine in the end.)  I'm actually hoping I can snip out the land portion without changing the price or bennies of the cruise portion ($1,000 shipboard credit is a lot!) since the cost of the land portion is a fair bit more than we could do by booking things ourselves (at nicer hotels) and we could do what we want rather than sitting on WS buses for 2.5 days.

It's from pre-Covid times, but we had a somewhat similar situation.  We were booked to do Alaska in 2020, including Windstar's pre-cruise package from Fairbanks to Seward (via Denali, etc).  When we were booking, I wasn't sure if we would do the pre-tour via WS or try on our own.  Our TA recommended booking the add-on since it "often sells out" with the statement that it's "a separate bit from the cruise and can always be cancelled."

After doing my research, I determined that we COULD do better than the WS offerings and planned our own pre-trip and had the TA cancel the add-on.  Nothing about our cruise cost or any benefits was changed.  Our updated invoice showed displayed the cruise only. It's been 2 years and I don't remember 100%, but I do recall that we let the additional deposit required for the pre-trip portion stay on our account, somewhat reducing our remaining balance due. (I am not sure if I had the option to get the additional deposit money refunded.)  There was no change to our TA's "rebate," either.

In the end, the trip never happened due to Covid (we're trying a gain for 2023 after 2021 was also cancelled).