Post cruise hotel

ScotsLady

We will arrive back in Miami  10th December and fly back to U.K late on the 11th. 
Hoping to use the time for Christmas shopping , maybe Dolphin Mall or Sawgrass. Looking for a decent hotel  anyone can recommend, Looked on tripadvisor but still not sure of best area to stay.  Pre cruise we will stay at Bayside .
Not sure if best to hire a car or pick a hotel by mall and with airport shuttle.

suggestions most welcome.

Thanks,

Irene

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time at Dolphin Mall unless you like hanging out with swarms of high school kids.  Sawgrass Mills, you really need a car.  There's a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Sunrise just across Sunrise Blvd from Sawgrass Mills. They have free self parking but I don't know if  they provide airport shuttle.  "Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle."  You'd have to contact them. If you're flying out of Ft Lauderdale airport, take a taxi to the airport, it's not far.  If you're flying out of Miami international, that's a bit far but there are shuttles such as Super Shuttle that the hotel concierge can call for you.

There's also the AC Hotel by Marriott just off Sawgrass Mills Circle.  You really need a car to get around anywhere near Sawgrass.  Just walking around the Mall will wear your legs out. 

Edited by Diver2014
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

You really need a car to get around anywhere near Sawgrass.  Just walking around the Mall will wear your legs out. 

Yes!  The Mall is huge.  I had a car and drove to the Mall from the Fort Lauderdale North Marriott Hotel on Andrews Avenue, just North off Cypress Creek Road.  Not a difficult drive.