P&O Newbie - due on Azura

Huggsy

Azura was our first cruise ship!  I agree, you don’t need to pay anything for food if you don’t want to.

I do recommend the Glass House though, a wine bar with food. On Azura very handy for a before or after theatre drink . It does lovely tapas style food, I’m not sure of the price  but it used to be £7 for 3 plates, handy for lunch if you don’t fancy the buffet. There are also bigger meals too such as fish and chips and steak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Azura was our first cruise ship!  I agree, you don’t need to pay anything for food if you don’t want to.

I do recommend the Glass House though, a wine bar with food. On Azura very handy for a before or after theatre drink . It does lovely tapas style food, I’m not sure of the price  but it used to be £7 for 3 plates, handy for lunch if you don’t fancy the buffet. There are also bigger meals too such as fish and chips and steak.

We also enjoyed Glass House

Does more substantial meals as well as the small plates depending what you want

Good quality and reasonable prices as well for what you get

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

We also enjoyed Glass House

Does more substantial meals as well as the small plates depending what you want

Good quality and reasonable prices as well for what you get

The Glass House is my favourite venue on Azura and Ventura. Beer, wine and nice food in a relaxed casual atmosphere, even on formal nights despite what the P&O site says.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really enjoyed the beach house on both Azura and Ventura and was always pretty busy every time we went with a nice atmosphere . £7 cover charge however apart from the lava rock and one desert to share there is no further charge. A useful option when the mdr had a menu which didn't appeal.  😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fionboard said:

The free burgers from deck grill are like shoe leather. However the ones from room service are fabulous and only £4.75. No brainer. Deck pizzas are nice as long as recently made.

The on-deck burgers have long been rubbish on P&O imho. My last cruise (July 2019) was on Princess in the USA and the burgers and hot dogs served poolside were fabulous.

41 minutes ago, Britboys said:

The on-deck burgers have long been rubbish on P&O imho. My last cruise (July 2019) was on Princess in the USA and the burgers and hot dogs served poolside were fabulous.

We have had some reasonable burgers on P&O, although I used to prefer the chicken burgers, unfortunately they switched chicken breasts for thighs, which can be a bit crunchy in a bun!!😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

We have had some reasonable burgers on P&O, although I used to prefer the chicken burgers, unfortunately they switched chicken breasts for thighs, which can be a bit crunchy in a bun!!😉

Food quality is of course very subjective. On my Marella cruise I thought the breakfast sausages were the worst sausage I had ever eaten. Another (very well-travelled) passenger thought they were quite nice....