Carnival Credit Card.. Where is my statement credit?

surfjock27

Good morning, I am hoping someone knows the answer.

I am cruising in October and had a balance of $1,100. I applied for and received a Carnival credit card with the offer of spending $500 within 90 days and getting a $250 statement credit. It was my understanding when I called Barclays that if I paid $500 towards the cruise, they would pay $250 additionally, meaning that $750 would be paid. However, it is just showing $500 paid, $600 balance still on the cruise and no sort of credits or anything on my credit card.

Has anyone done this, and what was the outcome? Will they take an additional $250 off my cruise balance, will I get $250 in OBC, or will I only owe $250 on my credit card next month? Thanks in advance.

You may want to call them. My last 10% off excursions came up within three days. It's not uncommon for me to have to call them for double points I didn't get or something that's supposed to be interest free for six months. It may take a week or two that way but they've always taken care of it.

8D8C3A1B-98E2-4019-8FE1-22C8159FDC40.thumb.jpeg.689d2b3e4eadd63f3d3b4d5809700fdc.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, surfjock27 said:

Good morning, I am hoping someone knows the answer.

I am cruising in October and had a balance of $1,100. I applied for and received a Carnival credit card with the offer of spending $500 within 90 days and getting a $250 statement credit. It was my understanding when I called Barclays that if I paid $500 towards the cruise, they would pay $250 additionally, meaning that $750 would be paid. However, it is just showing $500 paid, $600 balance still on the cruise and no sort of credits or anything on my credit card.

Has anyone done this, and what was the outcome? Will they take an additional $250 off my cruise balance, will I get $250 in OBC, or will I only owe $250 on my credit card next month? Thanks in advance.

I think you will get the statement credit and that they will not sent it to Carnival.  

• Like 2

When we signed up a few years back, the way it worked was that it was only a statement credit, not an additional amount toward the cruise cost.   So, if you paid $500, then you should have received a $250 credit and a balance on your new card of $250.   

• Like 3

They do not pay the cruise line directly. You can go to your online account and go to Pay with fun points and when you find the cruise payment click "redeem now", we had enough points to pay $1,700 of our $1,900 cruise. I prefer it this way because you get double points when paying for a Carnival cruise with your card ($500 is worth 1000 points) also you get 10% off excursions (if you book through the ship), I have learned when the best time to redeem is and use it, of course we pay it off every month so no balance and others will say there are better cards out there but I have redeemed points to pay for airlines & hotels too so it works for us.

• 1 month later...

I signed up for the credit card and I am waiting for the bonus.  I figured it would take some time to get the FunPoints.

My question relates to the 0% APR.  If I book a cruise ticket I have 0% APR for 6 billing cycles.  I was going to take advantage of this to spread out my payments.  I did not originally add the gratuities.  Is it too late to add those to the card and use the 0% APR?  I have read the T&C and having a tough time figuring it out.  What MCC do gratuities show on your statement?