Princess cruise credits

Just looking at booking an Alaska 14 night cruise July 2023.

is it true that we have to use our Princess credits by the end of August 2023

?

we are looking at booking the grand Princess in obstructed ocean view rooms e211 & e209. Are these any good? Any very special (affordable) cabins on that ship we should aim for?

the 3 for free offer looks good

13 minutes ago, Esilef said:

Just looking at booking an Alaska 14 night cruise July 2023.

is it true that we have to use our Princess credits by the end of August 2023

?

we are looking at booking the grand Princess in obstructed ocean view rooms e211 & e209. Are these any good? Any very special (affordable) cabins on that ship we should aim for?

the 3 for free offer looks good

If you go into your Princess account you will be able to see the expiry date on your credits. They do vary. If your credits don't cover the cruise you want put the cabins on hold then ring Princess to see if they will extend the expiry date so you can use them for that booking. They are more likely to extend expiry dates if you already have a cruise on hold. 

Those cabins are directly above the theatre. I don't know if you'd get any disturbance from that at night. Have a good look at the deck plans to see if there are other options that might suit. 

The 3 for free deal is very good.

• Like 1

On one cruise we had a cabin above the theatre. We didn't have any choice in the matter. I joked that we could enjoy the shows twice - once when we were in the theatre and the next time when we were in bed. We could also hear noise occasionally when the performers were rehearsing in the afternoon. I would avoid that area if you can.

• Like 1

Well we ended up booking these cabins as we needed two obstructed cabins side by side and the obstruction doesn’t seem too bad. If the noise is too bad from the theatre we will just have to go and watch the shows or take ear plugs.

I just want to be on a cruise ship. It’s the only place I can really relax.

3 hours ago, Esilef said:

Well we ended up booking these cabins as we needed two obstructed cabins side by side and the obstruction doesn’t seem too bad. If the noise is too bad from the theatre we will just have to go and watch the shows or take ear plugs.

I just want to be on a cruise ship. It’s the only place I can really relax.

If you don't plan to go to bed until after the second show, I don't think the noise would be a problem.

We have been in a suite on the good old Sun Princess & were directly above the Princess Theatre. We could hear the shows but it was not overly loud or bothersome. The 2nd show of the evening was over by at least 9.30pm. Could sometimes hear rehearsals through the day.  Once again, not a problem. There are worse locations you could be, eg a cabin under the Horizon Court buffet area.😲

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, doenbucket said:

We have been in a suite on the good old Sun Princess & were directly above the Princess Theatre. We could hear the shows but it was not overly loud or bothersome. The 2nd show of the evening was over by at least 9.30pm. Could sometimes hear rehearsals through the day.  Once again, not a problem. There are worse locations you could be, eg a cabin under the Horizon Court buffet area.😲

We often had a cabin under the Horizon Court and never heard a sound.