Transportation from LAX to San Pedro Port

margord

How many people, how much luggage, how old are you and what is important to you.

Personally I am old and crotchety. I am at a stage in life where comfort and convenience are more important than saving a few bucks, especially on vacation.

To that end, I'd use Uber Black because they pick up curbside at LAX.

If I were younger and more budget minded I'd use regular Uber, which requires schlepping your own luggage onto and off a shuttle bus to a secondary location to get your Uber (or Lyft or taxi).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loerie said:

Also need to know but us  Old Folks do Not own a cellphone so Uber is out.Any advice?We have cruised many times  but never from LoseAngeles.

Have you cruised in the MedallionClass era? My parents bit the bullet and bought a Smartphone at 91 because everything from Princess Cruises, to their doctors, to transportation, to getting many other necessities required a Smartphone.

If not, then a taxi (still need to go to the LAX-it Lot), shuttle or limousine are your options.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, loerie said:

Thank you %-will do the taxi  thing.Even a lot of Amish where I live now have Cell phones -One day!

PS I have family in Lititz, where my ancestors first arrived in 1756. My branch of the family kept heading west until they hit the Pacific Ocean in CA, but other branches stay and live there to this day.

Transportation is for 2 people with two checked bags and two rolling carry on bags.  We both have Smartphones but have friends coming in later that do not have smart phones.  Anyone know of any transportation companies I could book in advance?

On 3/31/2022 at 5:01 PM, loerie said:

Also need to know but us  Old Folks do Not own a cellphone so Uber is out.Any advice?We have cruised many times  but never from LoseAngeles.

Thank You

If you're not a computer user, go to your public library and ask for resource assistance. They can look up private car service LAX to San Pedro (or wherever) and get you phone numbers to call for a reservation. They might even assist you making the reservation online.  If you are a computer user you can do this yourself. A private car will be at the curb. A person holding a card or something with your name will be either as you exit the secured area to head to baggage claim or at baggage claim. Your reservation will tell you where to meet. The driver will take luggage although you can help if you have alot. We do this almost everywhere. 

google LAX shuttles from LAX, you will still have to take the shuttle bus from baggage to where the transport vans are.  I hear you about using phone for Uber, etc.  But think there is more  than one shuttle company, maybe 18.00 per person to get you to San Pedre Double tree without having to make reservations with your phone.  More expensive transport will meet you outside the baggage area, BUt , if you do this get one  that comes inside baggage area holding a sign with your name.  Trying to have a phone conversation for pick up outside  baggage area with a car pick up, almost impossible, too much noise.

8 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

But think there is more  than one shuttle company, maybe 18.00 per person to get you to San Pedre Double tree without having to make reservations with your phone.

The days of the $18 shuttle ride are long gone.

3 hours ago, scottca075 said:

The days of the $18 shuttle ride are long gone.

Yup. Per the SuperShuttle site, they still have very limited operations for shared vans. They don't appear to be doing shared vans at LAX right now but do offer an Uber-ish experience with a private vehicle.

Their cheapest option is the standard SuperShuttle Express (max of 3 persons). A Friday afternoon ride from LAX to the Doubletree came up as $62, which is about twice the Lyft estimate for the same route.

Honestly, just go to the airport, go to LAXit, and grab a taxi. It's the easiest option for those without a smartphone.

On 4/1/2022 at 7:38 PM, scottca075 said:

PS I have family in Lititz, where my ancestors first arrived in 1756. My branch of the family kept heading west until they hit the Pacific Ocean in CA, but other branches stay and live there to this day.

Litizis 30 minutes from my house -lovely little town

1 hour ago, coastcat said:

Yup. Per the SuperShuttle site, they still have very limited operations for shared vans. They don't appear to be doing shared vans at LAX right now but do offer an Uber-ish experience with a private vehicle.

Their cheapest option is the standard SuperShuttle Express (max of 3 persons). A Friday afternoon ride from LAX to the Doubletree came up as $62, which is about twice the Lyft estimate for the same route.

Honestly, just go to the airport, go to LAXit, and grab a taxi. It's the easiest option for those without a smartphone.

Thank you will do

1 hour ago, coastcat said:

Thank you will fo

13 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

google LAX shuttles from LAX, you will still have to take the shuttle bus from baggage to where the transport vans are.  I hear you about using phone for Uber, etc.  But think there is more  than one shuttle company, maybe 18.00 per person to get you to San Pedre Double tree without having to make reservations with your phone.  More expensive transport will meet you outside the baggage area, BUt , if you do this get one  that comes inside baggage area holding a sign with your name.  Trying to have a phone conversation for pick up outside  baggage area with a car pick up, almost impossible, too much noise.

Thank you

$45.00 to $60.00 a year ago.  the lack of having to deal with using  apps to get a ride, to me is well worth it.  Know using rider apps can be less expensive, but paying maybe $20 more, no stress is more than worth it for me

I got a quote from primetime shuttle and it was $48 from LAX to the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro.  This was for 2 people and a private car not a shared van.  As said above, we will have to get on a shuttle to go to the LAXit lot to meet them.  I do believe that you will need a cell phone though to touch base with the driver or to call in if there are issues.

1 hour ago, quillwercruisers said:

I got a quote from primetime shuttle and it was $48 from LAX to the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro.  This was for 2 people and a private car not a shared van.  As said above, we will have to get on a shuttle to go to the LAXit lot to meet them.  I do believe that you will need a cell phone though to touch base with the driver or to call in if there are issues.

Just be aware PrimeTime is notorious for bad customer service. 650 reviews for PT LAX and the average is 1.3 stars out of 5.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, quillwercruisers said:

I will have to look again.  I thought I saw that they were really good and had good reviews.

Noooooooooo ha ha.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/prime-time-shuttle-los-angeles

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g32655-d10311652-Reviews-Prime_Time_Shuttle-Los_Angeles_California.html

On 3/31/2022 at 12:27 PM, scottca075 said:

To that end, I'd use Uber Black because they pick up curbside at LAX.

Can you tell us approximately how much?  (going to Crown Plaza San Pedro) We've only used Uber once, and that was really a friend of friend, so we didn't have to really do anything to make arrangements.