Transportation from LAX to San Pedro Port

margord

35 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Uber Black estimates at around $100, Uber Lux estimates at around $150, so $165 isn't far off.

Good to know, thank you.  Curbsideexpresslax quoted me $85, but that didn't include tip.  That would put them around the Uber Black estimate, with the advantage of curbside pickup.  The downside to them is you pay at booking, and if you cancel, you just get a credit, not a refund. 

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, dog said:

I suggest getting a porter to help you get to the taxi line. Many are vans that can hold all your stuff.

we always do this since flight delays happen so much now.

Isn’t the taxi line out at the LAXit area?

Not sure porters go out there.  It coukd be a long walk or taking a LAXit bus, unless it’s the International terminal.

35 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Isn’t the taxi line out at the LAXit area? Not sure porters go out there.  It coukd be a long walk or taking a LAXit bus, unless it’s the International terminal.

Yes the taxi stands are outside the TBIT, Terminal 7 and the LAX-it lot. I am not sure porters help at any of those, certainly not the LAX-IT lot.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, phabric said:

Coming from Canada on Air Canada (international).  Trying to avoid taking a shuttle to pick up transportation to San Pedro. What transportation can I take that picks up at the curb?

You can use Uber Black or a limo company like Elite Express Limo or Go Lansky.

Not quite curbside, but there is a taxi stand near Terminal 3 and Tom Bradley International, but I don't think Air Canada uses TBIT because most Canadian flights are considered U.S. domestic flights because you clear customs and immigration in Canada.

https://www.flylax.com/lax-traffic-and-ground-transportation#four

Edited by scottca075

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Isn’t the taxi line out at the LAXit area?

Not sure porters go out there.  It coukd be a long walk or taking a LAXit bus, unless it’s the International terminal.

Thanks. I just looked over the website. You are right.

5 hours ago, dog said:

Thanks. I just looked over the website. You are right.

LAX has three taxi stands. One is close to Tom Bradley International Terminal and Terminal 3; one next to Terminal 1 (the LAX-it lot); and next to Terminal 7.

If you come in at Terminal 2, 4, 5, or 6 the stands are not convenient.

On 9/19/2022 at 3:19 PM, scottca075 said:

LAX has three taxi stands. One is close to Tom Bradley International Terminal and Terminal 3; one next to Terminal 1 (the LAX-it lot); and next to Terminal 7.

If you come in at Terminal 2, 4, 5, or 6 the stands are not convenient.

we are coming in at terminal 2 meeting Princess transfer at terminal 1 were told not an issue they are connected? Was thinking if Princess leaves without out us we could grab a cab at terminal 1, are you saying that won't work it's to far, or to far if we use a porter?

3 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

we are coming in at terminal 2 meeting Princess transfer at terminal 1 were told not an issue they are connected? Was thinking if Princess leaves without out us we could grab a cab at terminal 1, are you saying that won't work it's to far, or to far if we use a porter?

Here is the map.

https://goo.gl/maps/Zdj2qhpBFJpNtupM6

It is a short, easy walk but there aren't porters as you exit the plane. They are in front of the terminals for people checking in. LAX has SmartCartes as you get off the plane, if that would help.

8 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Here is the map.

https://goo.gl/maps/Zdj2qhpBFJpNtupM6

It is a short, easy walk but there aren't porters as you exit the plane. They are in front of the terminals for people checking in. LAX has SmartCartes as you get off the plane, if that would help.

Thanks TA said they would meet us at baggage but summary I printed say terminal 1 by 11:00, we land at 10:45 maybe. If not there we grab a cab. Though have been lucky so far with Princess transfers. Worse case Mikes sister but hate to have her drive from Fontana take us to the port then drive all the way back. She offered when we said we would visit after the cruise, but I think it's to much.

Well 11 days will fly.