Changing Ships in Civitecchia Port on May 7th

Sailfish

We are taking a transatlantic from Florida to Italy on the Odyssey of the seas, then disembarking on May 7th and embarking on the Regal Princess in Civitecchia the same day. We expect to disembark in the morning and head over to the terminal where the Regal Princess is docked. Does anyone know how far apart the terminals are? Anyone ever do this sort of thing in Civitecchia? 

I am hoping to be able to walk, as we will have one piece of luggage each. On a map I have, it shows the ships docked back to back. But I am sure there are separate terminals. 

Thanks in advance,

Suzi

You could be lucky, but more likely you will need to take luggage to bus terminal Largo del Pace and then back as the distance can be quite great and the area would be unsafe to walk a long ways in with all the traffic.  

You  could also book a tour, that would take your luggage with you while you enjoy seeing some Etruscan ruins,  a castle, with a nice lunch with Rome cabs.  We did this on turnaround day on a back to back cruise.  

image.thumb.jpeg.e68450ddfda76d560328594ff15b82b7.jpeg

Edited by bennybear

Hi Sailfish.  I am doing the exact same thing as you.  Arriving on May 7 on the Odyssey and leaving May 7 on the Regal Princess.   I was wondering if there was a place to store luggage since we will arrive at 8 am  and the Regal Princess will not start the boarding process until 1 pm.  It would be great to store the luggage and then find something to do for 5 hours.  Any thoughts?

It depends which terminal the ships do use. If one is on 25 you need to take the shuttle to Largo della Pace and switch there to the Princess shuttle. It both are at 10 to 13 you can even walk.

Usually you can drop bags by 9 am even if the check in doesn´t start until later.

steamboats

At the moment the free shuttle to Largo della Pace isnt working yet. Since the covid 19 pandemia has started the shuttle bus station at the gate of the port was closed and made as a drive thru for the covid test. Til now the shuttle bus from the train station is the only one going directly to the terminals. Last week the drive thru has been moved to a different place but the free shuttle bus is not back in service yet. 

Edited by portofrome
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cruiselovrs said:

Hi Sailfish.  I am doing the exact same thing as you.  Arriving on May 7 on the Odyssey and leaving May 7 on the Regal Princess.   I was wondering if there was a place to store luggage since we will arrive at 8 am  and the Regal Princess will not start the boarding process until 1 pm.  It would be great to store the luggage and then find something to do for 5 hours.  Any thoughts?

We have been to area around the port many times, so we plan get off the Odyssey and make our way to the Regal Princess. Nothing is open early in the morning. The town has a pretty church with a town square. And there is the fort. But I figure it will take us a while to disembark and change terminals. 

Princess told us the terminal for the Regal opens at 11am. So we will try for a later disembarkation.  

4 minutes ago, cruiselovrs said:

Princess told me that boarding would not start for the Regal until 1 pm.  I did find a place to store luggage right outside the port near the  Fort.

They probably won't board at 11am, but I was told the terminal will be open. We will wait. 

You could enjoy the time doing a private tour and visiting some interesting places.   We did this last time on a back to back and really enjoyed a visit to a palace, Etruscan tombs in Cerveteri and had a lovely lunch in a little Borgo.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

You could enjoy the time doing a private tour and visiting some interesting places.   We did this last time on a back to back and really enjoyed a visit to a palace, Etruscan tombs in Cerveteri and had a lovely lunch in a little Borgo.  

Sounds nice.  Do you remember what tour company you used and what the name of the tour was?

40 minutes ago, cruiselovrs said:

Sounds nice.  Do you remember what tour company you used and what the name of the tour was?

We used Stefano’s Rome cabs,   They do private tours and offer different ones,   The one we did visited Lake Bracciano and the castle where Tom Cruise married,   Followed by a nice lunch in medieval town and then a visit to the Etruscan tombs at Cerveteri.  We even had time to stop at the  local grocery store in Cerveteri and stock up on wine! 

33 minutes ago, bennybear said:

We used Stefano’s Rome cabs,   They do private tours and offer different ones,   The one we did visited Lake Bracciano and the castle where Tom Cruise married,   Followed by a nice lunch in medieval town and then a visit to the Etruscan tombs at Cerveteri.  We even had time to stop at the  local grocery store in Cerveteri and stock up on wine! 

Thanks for the info.  Do you recall the cost of the tour?

14 hours ago, cruiselovrs said:

I did find a place to store luggage right outside the port near the  Fort.

This won´t help you much. If the port shuttle is going to Largo della Pace you have to walk at least 10 min to the Fortress. If the shuttle is going to the train station it´s the same. You have to walk at least 10 min back to the Fortress.

steamboats

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steamboats said:

This won´t help you much. If the port shuttle is going to Largo della Pace you have to walk at least 10 min to the Fortress. If the shuttle is going to the train station it´s the same. You have to walk at least 10 min back to the Fortress.

steamboats

Thanks