What's the chance the Vision returns to sailing by 2023?

Jezo

Booked a March 2023 sailing on the Vision and find out its the quarantine plague ship for RCL.  With everything being cancelled this year currently does anyone have any hopes it will return by 2023?  I worry that if cancellations continue I wont find out it's not going to happen until a few weeks out, which by that point it will be too late to book anything else and our trip will be ruined.  At the same time we are really excited to be on this ship with the room and itinerary they have for next year so we want to hold out some hope.

Just not sure why they are continuing to take reservations for this ship if everything is being cancelled on a constant basis. 

Wait, its sailing?  There was just a thread yesterday here saying the ship was sitting abandoned off of SXM and some other write up that its one of their quarantine ships and I thought everyone was getting their cruises cancelled.

I am wrong in all of this?

4 minutes ago, Jezo said:

Wait, its sailing?  There was just a thread yesterday here saying the ship was sitting abandoned off of SXM and some other write up that its one of their quarantine ships and I thought everyone was getting their cruises cancelled.

As that thread went on, it was all debunked. It was Rhapsody, which had been at anchorage in the morning, came to the pier, then returned to anchorage.

23 minutes ago, Jezo said:

I sailed on Wonder March 18th and Vision was docked right next to her most definitely taking passengers.

Well then in that case mods might as well shut this thread down!

I would say then that the chances of the Vision returning to service by 2023 is then quite high and I am glad we booked the room when we did!  

First time doing an aft balcony so it went from really excited to be able to book it to sad that the ship was a plague ship, to now once again excited that the ship isn't just floating in the ocean hosting sick crew!

FWIW, we were on the Vision early this month.  (First cruise back after Vision resumed service.)  The crew was great, but the ship was tired.  I understand they are planning to dock her this summer and give her the once over.  We had a great time though and would happily sail her again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jezo said:

You obviously didn't read the thread.

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

FWIW, we were on the Vision early this month.  (First cruise back after Vision resumed service.)  The crew was great, but the ship was tired.  I understand they are planning to dock her this summer and give her the once over.  We had a great time though and would happily sail her again.

They better not dock her this summer.  I’m supposed to be cruising the med on her lol. 

15 hours ago, BND said:

You obviously didn't read the thread.

I like the headlines and the first couple posts, then get myself worked up into a panic, and never look deeper into it.