how long in the ports

jan65uk

Its our first time on a Caribbean cruise next January with PO on the Arvia. I wondered if anyone has an idea of when we arrive and leave the port of St Lucia. Mainly leave time as we are hoping to do two excursions one morning from the boat and a private one in the afternoon if we can fit it in. I have the itinary but it doesn't give port times.

You should be able to see the morning P&O one - if you start going through the booking of it on the P&O site it will tell you the start time and also how many hours it is. This will give you your returned to ship time.

Then look at the times of your private pm tour to find your return to ship time in the afternoon. Usually St Lucia would be "all back on board" around 5pm in the past, but no guarantee from me, but you can also look at the P&O tours for your cruise and find the longest one in hours - some may be 6-8 hours long - then make out to book it to see start times, and hence work out its return to ship time which will give you a safe return time for your private tour.

It would be very strange for a private tour to be provided that took no notice of the expected return to ship time - I would question the provider for reassurance on this.

We have done 2 P&O tours in a day (with a bit of a squashed up lunch time), but remember the ship will leave without you if you are not back in time from a private tour, which I assume is your concern!

• Thanks 1

I have on occasion been on an evening tour from St Lucia termed a sunset cruise, but I believe that was when there were flights to St Lucia for cruises starting there.

Britannia sailed at 5.30pm last boxing day if that helps.

• Thanks 2

To expand further we wanted to do 2 trips in St Lucia  both can be booked through PO cruises and are both morning trips and we are unable to do both in the morning,  so we can book the treetop ride from PO and get back for approx 1.30 pm then we can private book the big wheel scooters which starts at 2.00pm and picks up at the port its 2 to 2 1/2 hours so that would be back for 4.30pm my concern is did we have enough time to get back in the afternoon which if it leaves at 5.30pm it is possible. because the cruise isn't until January 2023 there are no arrival or leaving times on our intinary  yet thanks for the answers. think i will book one in advance and play it by ear just in case the times differ next year

4 hours ago, jan65uk said:

To expand further we wanted to do 2 trips in St Lucia  both can be booked through PO cruises and are both morning trips and we are unable to do both in the morning,  so we can book the treetop ride from PO and get back for approx 1.30 pm then we can private book the big wheel scooters which starts at 2.00pm and picks up at the port its 2 to 2 1/2 hours so that would be back for 4.30pm my concern is did we have enough time to get back in the afternoon which if it leaves at 5.30pm it is possible. because the cruise isn't until January 2023 there are no arrival or leaving times on our intinary  yet thanks for the answers. think i will book one in advance and play it by ear just in case the times differ next year

Unfortunately P&O have never given exact times just vague ‘afternoon’ or ‘early evening’  You will only find the confirmed times on the day . As has been said the people running the excursion would be very foolish to bring you back late. 
I’ve never been to the Caribbean but in Europe you can normally find port leaving times on port websites and they have been pretty accurate in the past so I don’t know if that’s worth looking at.

Edited by P&O SUE

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Unfortunately P&O have never given exact times just vague ‘afternoon’ or ‘early evening’  You will only find the confirmed times on the day . As has been said the people running the excursion would be very foolish to bring you back late. 
I’ve never been to the Caribbean but in Europe you can normally find port leaving times on port websites and they have been pretty accurate in the past so I don’t know if that’s worth looking at.

I must go further back with P&O than you Sue as I'm sure I remember them printing actual times in the brochure but it was a looooooong time ago 😀. They also used to name the individual itineraries - my first P&O cruise in 1997 was called "La Dolce Vita".

I just email P&O for the actual port times, takes a while to get a reply but they have always replied with the actual times.

Their rough estimates use these timeframes

image.png.e209144d4525ecaf6f871e9b3a1022bb.png

Edited by bee-ess