Gluten free in Johnny Rocket’s?

I have celiac disease and so am strictly gluten free (and vegetarian). So far, never been glutened on a Royal Caribbean cruise (*knocks on wood*), though I did have one where I was pretty much just given salad and berries. 

MxCatLady and I are on the Allure in 10 days and I bought us tinge UDP for the first time. I know places like Giovanni’s and 150 are great with needs like mine. I am wondering, however, about somewhere like Johnny Rocket‘s. Would they be able to make me a GF grilled cheese? Or does anyone know if their fryer is GF so I could eat their fries? Would appreciate any insight.

Make sure you email special_needs@rccl.com with your reservation # and sailing date and who in the cabin in Celiac. Make sure you make them aware when you enter any of the dining venues.

My youngest daughter is Celiac and Royal does an awesome job with whatever she wants to eat. It can range from pasta, pizza, pancakes, fries, etc. all you have to do is ask. 3 weeks ago on Wonder they made her a grilled cheese sandwich in the Coastal Kitchen for lunch. She liked it so much she would eat 2 sandwiches at lunch. You can also ask for individually wrapped Udi's Cookies which are on request. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, outtoseacruise said:

Make sure you email special_needs@rccl.com with your reservation # and sailing date and who in the cabin in Celiac. Make sure you make them aware when you enter any of the dining venues.

My youngest daughter is Celiac and Royal does an awesome job with whatever she wants to eat. It can range from pasta, pizza, pancakes, fries, etc. all you have to do is ask. 3 weeks ago on Wonder they made her a grilled cheese sandwich in the Coastal Kitchen for lunch. She liked it so much she would eat 2 sandwiches at lunch. You can also ask for individually wrapped Udi's Cookies which are on request. 

Yes; thank you 💜 I have been on several cruises and have had no issues in general. I was just wondering about JRs as I heard a rumor they had a GF fryer (which is hard to find, as you know!) and my partner really likes burgers, so I was wondering if I too could pop in there.

Glad your kiddo has also had a positive experience!

You might also talk to your head waiter if you will be eating in the MDR to ask for assistance (or at least stop by to touch base at some point since you have the UDP). On our Symphony cruise in December our head waiter stopped by to see me every evening to see what I had planned for breakfast and lunch the following day. If I was interested in something off menu he would put in a special order for me in advance. I enjoyed GF French toast in the Windjammer two mornings (the trickier part was finding the right person in the Windjammer on a busy morning to get my order filled). I was also spoiled with some GF lobster mac and cheese at Hooked the night we ate there. I would think if you put in a request in advance they might be able to accommodate. If they do please report back and let us know! I'll be on Allure in July and would love to add that to my list of things to try (along with any other special finds you might discover)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2022 at 11:43 PM, bjlbbk said:

You might also talk to your head waiter if you will be eating in the MDR to ask for assistance (or at least stop by to touch base at some point since you have the UDP). On our Symphony cruise in December our head waiter stopped by to see me every evening to see what I had planned for breakfast and lunch the following day. If I was interested in something off menu he would put in a special order for me in advance. I enjoyed GF French toast in the Windjammer two mornings (the trickier part was finding the right person in the Windjammer on a busy morning to get my order filled). I was also spoiled with some GF lobster mac and cheese at Hooked the night we ate there. I would think if you put in a request in advance they might be able to accommodate. If they do please report back and let us know! I'll be on Allure in July and would love to add that to my list of things to try (along with any other special finds you might discover)!

Oh that’s smart about asking the head waiter. Thank you!

and I will have a live review where I will make sure to note any secret or exciting finds:

• Like 1

Ed is gluten sensitive and he has eaten in Jonny Rockets several times without issue. They use a dedicated grill, and fryer to prevent/minimize cross contamination and gluten free buns. I cannot speak for a total celiac that it might meet their specific requirements but you can certainly inquire on ship.

• Like 1