A newbie question on Oceania Air

JerseyShore

This is our first time sailing on Oceania and first time using cruise air.  When do we get our info on our flight home?  Does the cruise line provide boarding passes?  Also, I’m assuming once our bags are picked up from our cabin they are transported directly to the airline. Thanks for any help

Never assume anything😄

If you did not do a Deviation(fee based) then usually your flights will be ticketed 45-60 days prior to the cruise

Once your bags are picked up from your cabin  you claim them at the terminal & take them to the airport where you will check them  unless of course you are doing the Luggage Free or Luggage Forward pick up service (fee required)

Then they will provide you with instructions

https://www.luggagefree.com/pricing-accor/

https://www.luggageforward.com/

Also, you will still need to check in online on the airline’s website to get your boarding pass 24 hours before your flight leaves. 
also, my experience at the port of Miami was I had to claim my baggage at the port terminal after debarking and before going through US customs. Then, I had to make sure my bags got on the right transfer bus, and then find them when the bus dumped everyone at the back door of the Miami airport, very far from ticket counters.

enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Then, I had to make sure my bags got on the right transfer bus, and then find them when the bus dumped everyone at the back door of the Miami airport, very far from ticket counters.

enjoy your cruise!

A good reason just to take a taxi or UBER 😄

• Like 4

There are some additional reasons to consider if you are thinking about Oceania air.

1. seating can be problematic as you do not have the tickets right away. This will depend on the airline.

2. Flying from Canada, O often uses an American carrier which necessitates a stop in a US city. We only book direct flights if possible.

3.if you choose to arrive at your embarkation city a few days early (highly recommended) you will pay a deviation fee for that leg which is expensive for what it is. You may also be charged more for that particular flight.

* 4.* You really have to research what they are charging you for O air. In our experience, this has become ridiculous, perhaps because they are trying to figure out future prices. This can be done by doing a guest cruise booking with and without air. On a booked cruise the air portion only of the booking was $1600 for two,  for Toronto - Miami return, coach. This is about twice as much as it should be.

We booked a direct flight, fully refundable, premium economy, direct with one of Canada’s best airlines for less.

A similar price hike was for a cruise in and out of Europe.

‘We book with air, as this can be reversed right up to final payment (true also of OLife choice). This keeps your options open. While you research air options on your own.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2022 at 4:10 PM, PhD-iva said:

Also, you will still need to check in online on the airline’s website to get your boarding pass 24 hours before your flight leaves. 
also, my experience at the port of Miami was I had to claim my baggage at the port terminal after debarking and before going through US customs. Then, I had to make sure my bags got on the right transfer bus, and then find them when the bus dumped everyone at the back door of the Miami airport, very far from ticket counters.

enjoy your cruise!

Thats why I dont take transfers in Miami any more way too far for me to walk..I just get an Uber or Lyft and am dropped off at the right place..

Jancruz1

• Like 1

Sympathies, Jan.  I remember (this was several years ago) we were leaving from the then new terminal at LHR.  The walk to our gate was at the farthest end of the airport.  I wasn't sure we were going to make it on foot!