RV Parking for Vancouver cruise departure

We are looking into joining our friends on a mid-May cruise (7-day Alaska round-trip to/from Vancouver on Celebrity) where we will be driving to Vancouver in our 28-foot Class C motorhome.

Does anyone know where we would be able to securely park it for the 7 days of the cruise? 

Given height restrictions at the multi-storey lots anywhere near the pier, I'd be inclined to compare the prices of a Park & Stay at one of the cheaper suburban/airport hotels, e.g. the Accent Inn (both their airport and Burnaby locations used to offer a hotel night, taxi to the port, and up to 2 weeks parking deal) with secure-but-open-air lots at the airport. Obviously with an RV you don't need a hotel room, but back in TheBeforeTimes it was often cheaper to book Accent than a fortnight of just parking at YVR... but the usual caveat of 'who the heck really knows these days' thanks to Covid applies, sorry!

• Like 1

Unfortunately RV storage in Metro Vancouver is at a premium. In addition to height issues, most Vancouver parking lots are not overly generous, as my F-450 without the 5th wheel is a pain to park.

You can try some of the local RV parks, but they would most likely charge for a full site. In metro Vancouver, I can think of Capilano RV (N/Vancouver), Burnaby Caribou RV (Burnaby) and Peace Arch RV (S/Surry).

Of the above 3, Burnaby Caribou would be the most convenient to catch the Skytrain into the cruise terminal.

Personally, I store my 41' 5th wheel about 7 miles East of Mission, at Norrish Creek Storage, which is a fairly new lot. It is about 7 miles East of Mission, which does have a number of commuter trains into Vancouver early morning and returning late at night. It will be a tough commute into Vancouver by public transit, or possibly hiring a car, but if you can't find any other options here is the number - (604) 217-0286 his name is John.

Good luck finding somewhere.

Thank you both for the good suggestions.

A hotel night prior to departure would be fine, if Accent Inns could accommodate our RV for a reasonable cost while we're away. When I look at the parking lot on Google Maps, it looks like it wouldn't be a problem to fit since we have a pretty big overhang behind the back wheels and we could back in near the grassy area. I'll give them a call.

The Burnaby Caraboo RV park also looks like a good option with some options listed for 10+ nights (so we could stay a few nights in Vancouver before and after the cruise).

I'll look at the Skytrain option to get to the terminal as well - thank you! And thank you for the storage option and phone number, if we really get in a pinch.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Urban trekker said:

Martincath - didn't there use to be a secure parking lot for RV's next to the cruise terminal near the Heliport terminal.

Wonder what has happened to it.

I think you're right Dennis - I too had a vague memory of such a thing, but with another equally vague remembrance of it having ceased to trade, so I had a quick Google and couldn't find anything. Maybe it was something as simple as Helijet expanding services and needing more parking so buying out the lot next door?

• 1 year later...
On 4/1/2022 at 3:45 PM, SusanDK said:

Thank you both for the good suggestions.

A hotel night prior to departure would be fine, if Accent Inns could accommodate our RV for a reasonable cost while we're away. When I look at the parking lot on Google Maps, it looks like it wouldn't be a problem to fit since we have a pretty big overhang behind the back wheels and we could back in near the grassy area. I'll give them a call.

The Burnaby Caraboo RV park also looks like a good option with some options listed for 10+ nights (so we could stay a few nights in Vancouver before and after the cruise).

I'll look at the Skytrain option to get to the terminal as well - thank you! And thank you for the storage option and phone number, if we really get in a pinch.

Hi, what did you end up doing re: parking rv during cruise.  We are considering an Alaska cruise but unsure where to park our motorhome.

36 minutes ago, Donam said:

Hi, what did you end up doing re: parking rv during cruise.  We are considering an Alaska cruise but unsure where to park our motorhome.

We ended up driving to Alaska in the RV rather than taking the cruise. My advice - don't do what we did!

We were actually in Canada (around Banff / Jasper) trying to decide whether to continue driving to the Al-Con Hwy or head over to Seattle / Vancouver to catch a cruise (our friends cancelled their cruise out of Vancouver, so we were no longer committed to only looking at that departure port). We were really close to booking a cruise that initially looked like a fabulous deal, but as we went through the booking process, the extra fees kept adding up.

My husband was researching and reading forums where people debated driving vs. cruise, and many said to save the cruise for when we weren't capable of doing the drive. I knew that if we didn't drive it in the RV, he'd always regret it and wish we had done it. So we drove - almost turned back several times, like after a truck kicked up so many stones that we got a 3" diameter crack in the windscreen and many, many deep paint chips in our perfectly waxed paint job.

Back to your question, if I remember correctly, I did find better options for parking an RV in Seattle rather than Vancouver, so if you are still considering which cruise port to depart from, you may wish to research Seattle.

Good luck!

Edited by SusanDK

On 10/16/2023 at 12:58 PM, Donam said:

If you google RV Storage in Vancouver there are a number self-storage locations that will accept RVs.  Not certain if they are in the short term rentals or not.

1 hour ago, em-sk said:

If you google RV Storage in Vancouver there are a number self-storage locations that will accept RVs.  Not certain if they are in the short term rentals or not.

Thank you.  I believe I may have found an RV park.  As the cruise is in September 2024, I will contact them in the new year.