Pre cruise Covid test for Med cruise

mackfam

Our Antigen test needs to be 48 hours before our Embarkation time.

So my question is this: Is this your boarding time or the time the ship leaves port?

Thanks in Advance

(May 14th MSC Grandiosa- Copenhagen- Norwegian Fjords - Kiel -Copenhagen)

6 hours ago, Millaar37 said:

So my question is this: Is this your boarding time or the time the ship leaves port?

Thanks in Advance

For Northern Europe, the UK site says 48  hour of embarkation they give an example of boarding at 3PM and the test being done not before 3PM, 48 before.

On 5/5/2022 at 5:27 PM, Millaar37 said:

Thanks in Advance

We boarded in Genoa on April 27. The agents only looked at the dates, not the time (although we were within the 48 hrs.). FWIW, we used the ihealth tests which came free from USPS and paid $25 to get the tests monitored at 6AM --finished about 30 minutes before heading to the airport on May 25. The tests worked on ipad mini as well as on Chromebook. We just transitioned to Norway cruises (same ship) for 14 days and tests (at this time--as guest services said) were not required. I don't know what was required for those just boarding today. We will be on the ship when you board.

Edited by Rhea98
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2022 at 7:02 AM, Rhea98 said:

FWIW, we used the ihealth tests which came free from USPS and paid $25 to get the tests monitored at 6AM --finished about 30 minutes before heading to the airport on May 25

This is very interesting as I phoned MSC today to see if they would accept a proctored self test from Switch Health (which was accepted no problem by RCCL in January ) and of course they said “no”.  I guess we’re going to have to get a test somewhere in Barcelona to be on the safe side 

7 hours ago, mackfam said:

This is very interesting as I phoned MSC today to see if they would accept a proctored self test from Switch Health (which was accepted no problem by RCCL in January ) and of course they said “no”.  I guess we’re going to have to get a test somewhere in Barcelona to be on the safe side 

MSC failure to speak with one voice strikes again! I understand your concerns. My opinion (99% worthless) is that as long as you have a digital or official form showing the test result and the day it was issued, it will be accepted. FWIW, many of our UK members have posted that a tele-monitored test was accepted. Of course, you do what causes the least stress. Good luck.

12 hours ago, mackfam said:

What ship and port are you traveling? All the areas I have read don't even need a proctored test just a home test supported by a photo, the only requirement being the certificate.

16 hours ago, mackfam said:

We’re on the Seaview out of Barcelona. 
How do you get a certificate from doing a home test that is not proctored?

The non proctored ones we have in the UK cost about £12, you send a photograph of the completed test back to the test provider and get a certificate back signed by a doctor by email.
The company I use charge an extra £11 for the video confirmation if needed.

Like this:

https://tests.medicspot.co.uk/products/outbound-antigen

Receive your results certificate by email

Get your results in 20 minutes. Take a photo, upload to our website and receive a doctor certificate straight to your email (certificate sent 06.00-22.00).

Edited by ziggyuk