Meet and Greet

gypsyrose

We are planning a meet and greet and I had read that some people wear or carry things to let the others on their roll call know who they are. I know bandanas was done with one group. Looking for something more unique and fun. Does anyone have any ideas?

We've worn leis before which worked pretty well. This year the roll call has decided to wear the colored braclets, kind of like the Lance Armstrong Live Free ones. Will be interesting to see how those work.

Last cruise we did blue ribbons. It was interesting to see what some came up with. A few had ribbons with their CC name on it, others fancy multi coloured blue ribbons and other just plain blue ribbons. Part of the conversation starter when we all met was the ribbon itself and the "craftiness" on the part of the wearer.

we didn't agree on anything special to identify the group ( I always tell them they can't fail to find ME, at 6ft4 275 and a mustache) but 2 trips ago I brought along groucho glasses for everyone which was a fun ice breaker and last month we brought burger king crowns.

In both cases, that kinda helps identify who the party animals are and those are the folks we really want to get to know.. *L*

we also brought flying, screaming monkeys and a rubber chicken in a tux last trip... but that's another story.

We all wore Baseball caps with our group logo on it!:)

YES WE DID!!! And I still wear mine and love it!!

This was great (THANKS CHUCK!!) as we even spotted people in line during the embarkation time because we had on our hats!

On my most recent cruise we did NOT have specified atture at all and it did take us a bit of time to find each other in spite of descriptions we posted on the Roll Call Thread so I would certainly suggest choosing something to wear in advance!

These are some great ideas...I was just looking around and found this thread. I was trying to get everyone to put there cabin number down, but no one will tell me theirs, they did in the begining but after that notice came out, nothing...now I have a few ideas, but I will be back for some more before I present them to our group. Thank you all so much!

Just found the thread. We will have a group of 38. I like the idea of having a hand crafted name tag. I guess you can always pick a holiday idea like St. Patricks Day, Easter, Valentines, 4th of July, Christmas, Life rings, etc, etc. I think I will ask everybody to do Shamrock name tags for St. Patricks day thanks to reading the ideas. terrytallent1

Since we will be sailing on the mariner for St. Pat's day, and us being irish, I found an on line party store and ordered about 60 green, shamrock bead necklaces for my group. They were fairly inexpensive and also came with hats, etc. You can find some things at orientaltrading.com or Shindigz.com

They both had a pretty good selection of items for any theme you may want for your groups.

Archived