Updating NEXUS Info While Offices Closed

*Miss G*

Thought this might be of use to someone.  I did a name change on my passport (which requires getting a new passport instead of revising the current one) in November.  Unfortunately, as you know, all Enrollment Centres are closed so I couldn’t drop into one to take care of it as I had in the past.  At the land borders they couldn’t do or suggest anything for me… just said to wait for an Enrollment Centre to open.  In the meantime I was traveling back and forth via the land borders without any issues.  Interestingly, when flying into YYZ, yesterday, the NEXUS kiosk told me to put my new passport into the scanner to update my account.  Fantastic!  Problem has now been solved.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would double check on the trusted travellers portal that your name has been properly updated on the account. Though I'm surprised the Nexus kiosk accepted a passport with a mismatched name at all. 

My wife updated her passport right when the pandemic started in March 2020 - when we were in Boston in July 2021 we went to the Global Entry Enrollment Centre at Logan Airport and they were able to make the change for us and reissue her card in the new name. 

In any case, the US based Nexus enrollment centres will finally be reopening after Easter (more like accepting Nexus appointments, they've been open a year and a half now for  Global Entry appointments). Still no word when our government will give up their vendetta against travel and allow the Canadian enrollment centres to reopen. 

• Like 1

The NEXUS card has always been in my married name and hasn’t changed.  It’s just the passport name that was changed to reflect the married name.  The kiosk recognized that I had a new passport and asked me to scan it to update records after scanning my card.

The US Enrollment Centres opened briefly then closed again.  I had been checking regularly so I could drop in to do the update.

37 minutes ago, cmich068 said:

My wife updated her passport right when the pandemic started in March 2020 - when we were in Boston in July 2021 we went to the Global Entry Enrollment Centre at Logan Airport and they were able to make the change for us and reissue her card in the new name. 

Now that I’ve re-read your post (sorry, I am still feeling jet lag) you’ve made an interesting point.  I could have popped into a GE Enrollment Centre as I have done that in the past.  I may just do that to confirm.  The officers at the land borders told me to wait for the NEXUS Centres to reopen.

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

The NEXUS card has always been in my married name and hasn’t changed.  It’s just the passport name that was changed to reflect the married name.  The kiosk recognized that I had a new passport and asked me to scan it to update records after scanning my card.

Ah, in that case I imagine you are all set then. Especially if you updated your passport number on the Trusted Traveler Portal as well. 

14 minutes ago, cmich068 said:

Ah, in that case I imagine you are all set then. Especially if you updated your passport number on the Trusted Traveler Portal as well. 

The portal won’t let you update the passport number when there has been a name change.  You are requested to stop into a NEXUS Enrollment Centre to do that.  Ever feel like the proverbial hamster? lol

3 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

The portal won’t let you update the passport number when there has been a name change.  You are requested to stop into a NEXUS Enrollment Centre to do that.  Ever feel like the proverbial hamster? lol

Bahaha of course not. Why would they make it easy. 

I'd still stop into a GE enrollment centre or a Nexus one next time you pass by one. I don't know if the systems between the two countries talk to each other. 

11 minutes ago, cmich068 said:

Bahaha of course not. Why would they make it easy. 

I'd still stop into a GE enrollment centre or a Nexus one next time you pass by one. I don't know if the systems between the two countries talk to each other. 

They definitely do.