Full capacity yet?

MISTER 67

We are booked on Equinox in June and was wondering if Celebrity is now sailing at full capacity on their ship. Celebrity's website says they are sailing at reduced capacity, is this still true?

Edited by MISTER 67

• MISTER 67 changed the title to Full capacity yet?
17 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

At about 50% on Edge this week. I think it will be higher in the summer, but who knows whether it will be 100%.

mac_tlc

I should have asked if Celebrity is still limiting the number of passengers on their ships. Their website says they still are. We sailed on the Rotterdam last week and the ship was sold out and even though there were no Covid cases that we know of, we were still a little uncomfortable with crowded elevators, a packed showroom, a packed Ocean bar and lounge and the Lido buffet.

We are onboard the Celebrity Silhouette this week and there are a reported 1456 passengers. Have only been in one venue where social distancing was not possible and that was a gathering in the Retreat Lounge.  

We have not been in an elevator with more than four other guest.  The times we have been to OVC we were only close to others when being served our food.  Separation at tables in all of the dining venue’s has not been a problem. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was curious about how booked up our June sailing on the Equinox was. I had some time on my hands this morning and counted the available rooms in a mock booking and there are still 464 out of the total 1426 cabins open and we are 2 months away from sailing. 

Inside: 46

Oceanview: 12

Veranda: 283

Concierge: 106

Aqua: 15

Suites: 2

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We are onboard the Celebrity Silhouette this week and there are a reported 1456 passengers. Have only been in one venue where social distancing was not possible and that was a gathering in the Retreat Lounge.  

We have not been in an elevator with more than four other guest.  The times we have been to OVC we were only close to others when being served our food.  Separation at tables in all of the dining venue’s has not been a problem. 

Thanks for your feedback. 

32 minutes ago, MBP1 said:

I was curious about how booked up our June sailing on the Equinox was. I had some time on my hands this morning and counted the available rooms in a mock booking and there are still 464 out of the total 1426 cabins open and we are 2 months away from sailing. 

Inside: 46

Oceanview: 12

Veranda: 283

Concierge: 106

Aqua: 15

Suites: 2

It's a fun exercise, and I've done it, too, but only gives you the minimum number of unbooked cabins at that moment, not the number actually booked.  That's because there are several reasons why cabins can appear to be unavailable even when they aren't booked with guests.

4 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

I should have asked if Celebrity is still limiting the number of passengers on their ships. Their website says they still are. We sailed on the Rotterdam last week and the ship was sold out and even though there were no Covid cases that we know of, we were still a little uncomfortable with crowded elevators, a packed showroom, a packed Ocean bar and lounge and the Lido buffet.

I would be a little less comfortable too with a full ship. Even at 50%, the captain has said we have had 16 cases on board. 10 crew, 6 passengers. All mild cases. 

mac_tlc

• Thanks 2

We got off the Reflection 3/26 they were inky at 1/3 capacity which I asked our Butler if it was the cruise lines choice and he said it was nit. People have not fully returned to cruising yet. We felt 100% safe, in fact I am Auto immune compromised and it was the first time I went anywhere without a mask.

I think there were two factors that contribute to the recent capacity numbers. One, for a March cruise, final payment was due during the height of Omicron. I think many cancelled. Two, CWC was in effect and people could cancel and not lose any money. As we look forward, I think the numbers will increase noticeably.

It is inevitable, but we have so enjoyed the current numbers.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

I was on the Constellation for a Mar 18 Caribbean cruise, we only had 825 passengers. Max for this M Class ship is around 2100. 

I did book a Trans-Atlantic October, 2022 Edge cruise at Constellation's Future Cruise  and was informed Aqua was sold out. Also the Veranda choices were limited.

Go figure.