Unlimited Drinking Package vs A La Carte Recommendations

2 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

Does Royal still offer the 10 drinks special that you can purchase onboard (usually halfway through cruise)?

Has not been reported since the restart, except I did see the 10 beer card on Enchantment in Jan.

Keep in mind that while it may be 78 today, the price could change that may make it worth it to you. Keep checking and you may catch a deal. 

Last cruise was $58 plus grats and that worked well for me. 

7 hours ago, Roybthered said:

If you drink coffee (latte, ect,), OJ at breakfast, have bottled water and soda, then the price drops to have 9 drinks a day not night as you say as you drink throughout the day. We calculate on the premise that a couple or 3 coffees a day, soda, water and then wine/cocktails in the evening it is worth it if you get it at a price you are happy to pay. I know I can get to the end of the cruise and not have to look at a bill. At the end of the day each to their own and so long as you go on Holiday ( vacation ) and enjoy yourself that is all that matters.

You are correct that those non-alcohol beverages should be factored into the equation.  For us, we do not drink soda or "fancy" coffee drinks.  My wife will have a glass of OJ with breakfast sometimes, but we still would never come close to spending over $950 for beverages on a 7-night cruise.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2022 at 5:52 PM, rudeney said:

You are correct that those non-alcohol beverages should be factored into the equation.  For us, we do not drink soda or "fancy" coffee drinks.  My wife will have a glass of OJ with breakfast sometimes, but we still would never come close to spending over $950 for beverages on a 7-night cruise.

Then I would just pay as you go, as it would not be worth it.

One trip my husband was booked in the room with my son and so he got the drink package (I did not).  We aren't big drinkers (maybe a drink or 2 per week), but I wanted him to have fun.  Wow-it was a huge waste for us.  We quickly learned that he might be able to drink 3 drinks in a day...but just one day.  He couldn't drink 3 drinks a day each day of the trip-let alone enough drinks to make the package add up.  And if your trip is port heavy...you won't be using the package much those days-for us after a few drinks at the beach we didn't want more once back on the ship.  He also found that he didn't like the free coffee drinks in the package but wanted Starbuck's instead-so he bought one each day.  And getting a bottle of water was a pain...often he would have to go to 3 bars to find one.  So for us it wasn't worth it by hundreds of dollars (yes we added it up haha).   This trip we are doing the non-alcoholic package and will buy a few drinks during the trip.

What I like about the drink package is trying new cocktails and if I don’t like them I don’t have to finish them. Same goes for beer by the pool, I can only drink half before it gets too warm for me