Medallion App ?

shay1

Hello,

Not sure if this has been addressed before. We will be on the Caribbean Princess May 28, 2022, and I have the app downloaded on my cell phone. My DH does not have a cell phone how can we both be on my cell phone for check in? 

6 minutes ago, shay1 said:

Hello,

Not sure if this has been addressed before. We will be on the Caribbean Princess May 28, 2022, and I have the app downloaded on my cell phone. My DH does not have a cell phone how can we both be on my cell phone for check in? 

We've been on 2 Medallion cruises.  Sky in November and Caribbean in early March with 8 family members.  At no time was the app used for checkin.  Just have your hard copy docs.

25 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We've been on 2 Medallion cruises.  Sky in November and Caribbean in early March with 8 family members.  At no time was the app used for check in.  Just have your hard copy docs.

Well, that *can* be a bit misleading (at least for *some* folks).  While it is true that once you actually *get* to the terminal the app is not used for anything, but pre-cruise it can streamline the entry of all that "required" info.  I say that very "tongue-in-cheek" because as many people have stated...you absolutely *can* board the ship without a smartphone in hand as long as you have every piece of required documentation.  Getting everything entered (via the app or now with the "online" version of the app)  really helps to give you some peace of mind that you have all of your ducks in a row.  If this is not entered pre-arrival then *some* of this will be handled for you at the terminal...but just realize that this will slow you down a bit actually boarding.  Does it slow you down a tremendous amount?  No...not really, but human nature being what it is...most people want to hurry up and GET ON BOARD!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well, that *can* be a bit misleading (at least for *some* folks).  While it is true that once you actually *get* to the terminal the app is not used for anything, but pre-cruise it can streamline the entry of all that "required" info.  I say that very "tongue-in-cheek" because as many people have stated...you absolutely *can* board the ship without a smartphone in hand as long as you have every piece of required documentation.  Getting everything entered (via the app or now with the "online" version of the app)  really helps to give you some peace of mind that you have all of your ducks in a row.  If this is not entered pre-arrival then *some* of this will be handled for you at the terminal...but just realize that this will slow you down a bit actually boarding.  Does it slow you down a tremendous amount?  No...not really, but human nature being what it is...most people want to hurry up and GET ON BOARD!

We did run into a hardcopy issue on our Sky cruise.  We got our jabs pretty early in the process.  At the time, Walgreens only had paper records instead of cards.  The terminal agent said they were unacceptable.  He had to kick it a couple of rungs up the food chain before it was approved.  The other thing, and this is more app related, is out passport photos.  They looked fin on my iphone but were cut off on the agent's screen.  The top of our heads got lost in the translation.  The entire process added all of 10 minutes.

12 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We did run into a hardcopy issue on our Sky cruise.  We got our jabs pretty early in the process.  At the time, Walgreens only had paper records instead of cards.  The terminal agent said they were unacceptable.  He had to kick it a couple of rungs up the food chain before it was approved.  The other thing, and this is more app related, is out passport photos.  They looked fin on my iphone but were cut off on the agent's screen.  The top of our heads got lost in the translation.  The entire process added all of 10 minutes.

Wow! I have NEVER heard of anyone not accepting hardcopy.  I guess they had been given prior instructions that it *had* to be the official CDC card...but there are too many examples of people being able to use electronic records from the vax supplier.  You didn't note whether or not you had that from Walgreen's...I suspect that would have been sufficient.  (But that's just my 2 cents worth...and it may not even be worth that!) 😄

18 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Wow! I have NEVER heard of anyone not accepting hardcopy.  I guess they had been given prior instructions that it *had* to be the official CDC card...but there are too many examples of people being able to use electronic records from the vax supplier.  You didn't note whether or not you had that from Walgreen's...I suspect that would have been sufficient.  (But that's just my 2 cents worth...and it may not even be worth that!) 😄

We did not and he didn't ask.  This was very early in the jab process and Walgreen's, CVS, et al, were still working things out.  We replaced the paper with the CC card copy and no problem with the next cruise.

I have not had much success so far with the App but it might be because of my cruise being one of the redeployment cruises.  The issue I am trying to figure out is for some reason the App does not like my first name on my passport through manual entry or scanning and I don’t know why, well I will keep trying.  Could you share the online version of the app?  Thanks

15 minutes ago, LasVegasSolo said:

I have not had much success so far with the App but it might be because of my cruise being one of the redeployment cruises.  The issue I am trying to figure out is for some reason the App does not like my first name on my passport through manual entry or scanning and I don’t know why, well I will keep trying.  Could you share the online version of the app?  Thanks

The app has problems with blanks, aka white space.

18 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I guess just make sure you have none when you enter your name.  That may not be the problem, of course.

I figured it out they literally only want the first name nothing else.  My passport has my middle initial so that was the problem.  Thanks for the help.

• Like 1