How to contain my anticipation and keep my mind on my job? Tips, please!

vms

I am glad I am not alone. I am going on my first cruise on May 7th. I spend most of my days on this site (not sure how I still have my job). I am so exctied but I have one more thing to throw into the anticpation loop I am getting married May 6th. So not only am I excited for the cruise but it also means that I am married :D. You would think all the wedding planning would keep my mind of the cruise but noooooooo. The more wedding planning Ihave to get done the more I think about the cruise. Why you ask? Becuase if I am on the cruise it means I do not have to deal with all the stress of planning the wedding. So it is killing me. I want it to hurry up and get here but at the same moment I want the time to slow down so I can finish all of the wedding planning.

I am glad I am not alone. I am going on my first cruise on May 7th. I spend most of my days on this site (not sure how I still have my job). I am so exctied but I have one more thing to throw into the anticpation loop I am getting married May 6th. So not only am I excited for the cruise but it also means that I am married :D. You would think all the wedding planning would keep my mind of the cruise but noooooooo. The more wedding planning Ihave to get done the more I think about the cruise. Why you ask? Becuase if I am on the cruise it means I do not have to deal with all the stress of planning the wedding. So it is killing me. I want it to hurry up and get here but at the same moment I want the time to slow down so I can finish all of the wedding planning.

If you are more focused on your honeymoon than on the wedding then your priorities are in the right place! This site is for just what you are using it for: an escape from daily life into that vacation that we all need- a vacation from stress and problems. A wedding is a huge, huge stressor. Keep your eyes on the prize and try not to get weighed down by all of the (IMHO unneccessary) minutae that a wedding entails. Just try to visualize being alone at sea with your new DH. :)

I am sailing out in September also and I am so excited! I am on the internet all my spare time looking at this board and researching my ports. I am glad to go to work so I don't have time to think about it! This will be my first cruise and I can't wait. I am not sure how I will like cruising since I am an independent traveler. I figure I need to see firsthand.

Archived