Gala Night Fashion: Let's See some pictures!

mkbrewer

Some nice dress shots but IMO do not reflect the current dress styles on board. Our recent cruise a handful of tuxes or long gowns. Some suits and ties and ladies in shimmering tops and pants. Lots of sports coat’s with open collar and even more with just a shirt with collar.

More toward Country Club casual is my observations but every once in awhile a cruise comes along and the demographics are pretty fancy but not very formal.

1 minute ago, aliaschief said:

Some nice dress shots but IMO do not reflect the current dress styles on board. Our recent cruise a handful of tuxes or long gowns. Some suits and ties and ladies in shimmering tops and pants. Lots of sports coat’s with open collar and even more with just a shirt with collar.

More toward Country Club casual is my observations but every once in awhile a cruise comes along and the demographics are pretty fancy but not very formal.

The point was to enjoy the special evening for those who do enjoy celebrating Gala Night. Not to be snapshot of those who don't.  Who knows, maybe this will reverse the current "country club casual" trend and put formal back into Gala. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

I agree with you, and I'm thinking that the photos we're seeing are from those folks that are exceptions to current trends as you described. They are from folks that still enjoy the experience of 'dressing up' for Gala Nights, and are likely to continue to do so (but I could be wrong)..  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

I agree with you, and I'm thinking that the photos we're seeing are from those folks that are exceptions to current trends as you described. They are from folks that still enjoy the experience of 'dressing up' for Gala Nights, and are likely to continue to do so (but I could be wrong)..  

No, you're right.

• Like 1