Spirit Alaska - any info. appreciated!

imsulin

Hi, all! We're booked on the Aug. 10, 2005 Spirit northbound, in Cat. 8E. I know that it's a Wed. to Wed. cruise, that ends in Whittier instead of Seward. We'd like to hear from anyone who's been on the Spirit to Alaska, and would definitely appreciate any tips as far as excursions! Thanks in advance.

You might want to come over and visit us on the Alaska boards. There are so many excursions to choose from.. it's hard to list a few not knowing your interests. In Juneau, Orca Enterprises has a wonderful whale watching trip that you can combine glacial flightseeing if you want to do both. If you head on over to the Alaska board you'll get some answers or I'll be glad to help if you can give me an idea of what you enjoy. In the meantime here are some good links to get you started if you want to poke around and see what looks interesting: www.skagway.org; www.visit-ketchikan.com; www.traveljuneau.com; and in case you also go to Sitka (I can't remember), www,sitka.org.

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font> icon_smile.gif

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas

Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle

I agree with Host Caroline... check out the Alaska boards. They are loaded with great info. Especially check out posts by Budget Queen she is a great help. I have done the Spirit North bound and it was great. We enjoyed the special restaurant. Have a great trip. Nancy

99 Norwegian Sea 00Triumph

01 Victory 01 Spirit

02 Inspiration 02 Conquest

03Dawn Princess 04Celebration

imsulin

you are going to love the spirit. i was on her last sept for the glacier bay round trip from vancouver. it is a beautiful ship that is easy to nagotiate and very classy. i did not find it too glitzy or ornate. just right for eye appeal. the food is outstanding and the staff and crew are wonderful. i was in a inside cabin on the main deck and it was very nice and roomy. im sure your cabin will be wonderful. you are going to love this trip. capt larry for whale watching is the best. michelle with island wings for a floatplane trip in ketchikan is breathtaking. i panned for gold and did the white pass summit trip in skagway and had a wonderful time. emerald lake is a must see according to the boards here and i am going to set up a tour too see it the next trip i take in may of next year. there are so many things to do and see. host caroline is right about the port of call thread for alaska. it is a wonderful and helpful info site. have fun and i hope the next year goes by fast for you. do you leave from vancouver?? it is a wonderful city. get there a day before and take in stanley park, grouse mountain and some of the other sites. have a wonderful time.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Many thanks to all of you for the information! We're new to this board, and haven't had much time to navigate our way around, so will definitely check out the Alaska Board. Yes, Dusty, our group is going in two days before the cruise to explore Vancouver, and staying a day post-cruise in Anchorage. Everyone's already so excited about going, so I'll pass the word along to check out the Alaska board. Thanks very much again for all the info! (I have a feeling we'll have to take another cruise before then - can't wait that long!)

Thanks again, Dusty. Have been looking at the Alaska Board, and there's so much information there, that it's hard to find a starting point! What a great place for information. Thanks to all once again. (We'll be in Vancouver for two days prior to the cruise, and I've already saved some of the websites from that board).

Archived