Rccl Or Ccl

WE ARE 2X PAST CRUISERS OF CCL AND ARE STRONGLY THINKING ABOUT TAKING ROYAL CARIBBEAN BUT I AM EXTREMELY UNSURE OF MAKING THE SWITCH. WE LOVED BOTH CCL CRUISES BUT THOUGHT WE MIGHT LIKE A CHANGE. CAN ANY ONE HELP ME FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE WITH THE CHANGE. WE THOUGHT ABOU A 4DAY ON SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS. IS IT WORTH THE CHANGE?:confused:

Are you talking Carnival Cruise Line or Celebrity Cruise Line? Probably Carnival right?

I've never been on Carnival but I have been on NCL and Disney, both times I longed to be back at Royal. The service is just unmatched.

Now, Sovereign is showing her age though. She's a big old ship. And I loved both of our cruises on her. I will always remember pulling into port and be able to look down (physically) at the carnival ships. She is that massive.

I would make the switch just to try it. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Michele

The Sovereign may be the second oldest ship currently sailing for Royal Caribbean, but she has recently undergone an enormous refurbishment. (See: The Travel Channel: Drydock: A Cruise Ship Reborn)

She is a wonderful ship with an amazing crew. For further details and color (!), click on the link in my signature.

Have been on celebrity galaxy twice & rccl grandeur twice. The food, service & overall experience is much classier on celebrity. Sorbet of the day served to you in your lounge chair by the pool; iced towels handed to you with tongs when you return from excursions; butlered hors d'vours in public areas nightly; lectures on the ports you'll be visiting by professors & ambassadors; staff serving you in buffets & carrying your trays-- its just a very nice experience. RCCL food really is not as good-- and the dining room experience is not fine dining-- its more silly w/ nightly themes-- I personally just want some good food & service-- I'll go to the shows for the entertainment! RCCL was fun- but its a shame they don't add the little touches & level of service since they're the parent company of X. We're going back on celebrity in a few months.. although will cruise rccl again.

Having sailed Carnival and Royal Caribbean seven times each, both lines are very good in my opinion. Each one has its stengths. I like Carnival's food and shows better but Royal Caribbean has better ships and service.

We have been on the Sovereign twice and since it was refurbished, it's the best ship out there for 3/4 day cruises. Be aware that the Sovereign cabins are much smaller than Carnival unless you book a Jr. Suite (balcony).

Lou

Archived