Can you order Spirits/Cocktails in MDR?

DisneyDatknee

I saw a video of a recent travel vlogger on the Mere and they were having mojitos and other drinks every night. Last time I was on the boat in August, I thought we could only order wine and beer that was on the QR code. Has this changed?

11 hours ago, DisneyDatknee said:

I saw a video of a recent travel vlogger on the Mere and they were having mojitos and other drinks every night. Last time I was on the boat in August, I thought we could only order wine and beer that was on the QR code. Has this changed?

Of course you can order a drink while at the MDR, HOWEVER it is much easier and way faster to get one yourself and bring into the restaurant.  On all ships there is a bar just outside the MDR where people tend to congregate before the "doors open."  Fine place to have an aperitif and then one to take into restaurant.  (Pro - tip, also WAY faster to get a glass of wine this way)

19 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Of course you can order a drink while at the MDR, HOWEVER it is much easier and way faster to get one yourself and bring into the restaurant.  On all ships there is a bar just outside the MDR where people tend to congregate before the "doors open."  Fine place to have an aperitif and then one to take into restaurant.  (Pro - tip, also WAY faster to get a glass of wine this way)

This, exactly: I know, from quite a while from now MSC is somewhat doing some things differently on the US market than here in Europe, generally I'd say you couldn't order spirits or cocktails at the MDR, but they've the nearby bar where people tend to concentrate before the doors open. Sometimes I use those bars to order my sodas or juice because that facilitates things afterwards. At breakfast you can also order there the specialty coffees that tend to be better than the ones ordered at the MDR. Have a nice day!...

On our first night, we ordered drinks in the MDR.  The waitstaff will bring in a server from the bar to take you order.  During dessert we were also allowed to order specialty coffee.  The waitstaff actually took that order for us.  By the second night the waitstaff had a bar server already waiting for us to take our drink orders and by the third night the bar server asked if we wanted the same drink as the night before.  Just another example of how good the service was in the MDR.

• Like 1

We have ordered drinks in the MDR many times on different ships.  The recent change to three dinner seatings in the Caribbean has put a rush on dinner.  Prior, when only two seatings were scheduled, after a couple nights,  our desert sambucas were served without order.  Nice service!

• Like 1