Testing sites in Barcelona

rheasue38

2 hours ago, basenji56 said:

Ask your hotel when you get there. They can send you to a lab they is relatively close. Results within one hour. 

Most pharmacies  can do it   there is even one IN the cruise port , on the pier in a hour or so...  Possibly at  airport too    Some open 24/7     Looking at the map thy are everywhere like locust.  Your hotel  will help as mentioned............enjoy       And in a few weeks  I suspect this will be  all a thing of the past.  a month at most......     The only disease that is truly spreading appears fear.    

• Like 1

Don’t book through your hotel.   They will quote you a very high rate.  In our case 139 euros per person.  

I booked through Turó Park Medical 

https://turoparkmedical.com/covid-test-in-barcelona/ for a cost of 45 euros.   After booking on line you will be scheduled at a lab collection site called Col Garces.  According to the Col Garces website they are open 8-12 on Sundays.   The location is steps away from the Rocafort metro stop.   Tip - print out the confirmation slip from Turó Park to present to Col Garces, as they don’t seem to get them from Turó Park.   If you don’t, they will ask you to email them the confirmation while you check in.   Once checked in I waited just a few minutes before the test was administered.

I have used them twice when I have been in Barcelona and needed a test before flying home.   Each time I had results within a couple hours, although they do quote up to 24.

Joe

Edited by JoePDX
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JoePDX said:

Don’t book through your hotel.   They will quote you a very high rate.  In our case 139 euros per person.  

I booked through Turó Park Medical 

https://turoparkmedical.com/covid-test-in-barcelona/ for a cost of 45 euros.   After booking on line you will be scheduled at a lab collection site called Col Garces.  According to the Col Garces website they are open 8-12 on Sundays.   The location is steps away from the Rocafort metro stop.   Tip - print out the confirmation slip from Turó Park to present to Col Garces, as they don’t seem to get them from Turó Park.   If you don’t, they will ask you to email them the confirmation while you check in.   Once checked in I waited just a few minutes before the test was administered.

I have used them twice when I have been in Barcelona and needed a test before flying home.   Each time I had results within a couple hours, although they do quote up to 24.

Joe

Thanks for posting!  I feel lucky that the site booked my hotel was only 40 Euros.  

• Like 1

I am presently in Barcelona.  I went to the Concierge and they have arranged for the doctor to come to the hotel to administer the test—any type I want.  It is 25 Euros each.  So that would be the first question I would ask if they provide that type of service.  I am staying at the Cotton House.  It is affiliated with Marriott (Autograph Collection).

I was told I would have results in six hours.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 6

40 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I am presently in Barcelona.  I went to the Concierge and they have arranged for the doctor to come to the hotel to administer the test—any type I want.  It is 25 Euros each.  So that would be the first question I would ask if they provide that type of service.  I am staying at the Cotton House.  It is affiliated with Marriott (Autograph Collection).

I was told I would have results in six hours.

Terri

Great info as I will also be staying at the Cotton House a day before my cruise out of BCN.

Hi!

We will also be staying at the Cotton House two nights prior to our cruise. We will arrange for a doctor to test us at the hotel.

The Cotton House is a wonderful hotel. We have stayed there in the past. The service is impeccable and the rooms are lovely.

Rhea

Excellent information on Cotton House service for covid tests.  We are also staying there pre-cruise in October.  Will be sending the Concierge an email to set up the test prior to arrival. They have responded very well for other requests on previous stays.

2 hours ago, arima22 said:

Excellent information on Cotton House service for covid tests.  We are also staying there pre-cruise in October.  Will be sending the Concierge an email to set up the test prior to arrival. They have responded very well for other requests on previous stays.

You don’t have to send the email ahead of time.  Just let them know when you get there.

Terri

Hello -

We are about to do our first Oceania cruise in the Fall.  'If' there is still a testing requirement at the time, does Oceania not offer testing at the pier?

Thank you.