Anyone been onboard Azura since the restart?

MX-Drew

26 minutes ago, CIREV said:

If you've sailed on Azura before, you will need to lower your expectations; if this is your first time you'll probably enjoy it. Too many cutbacks in standards and service for me.

I haven’t sailed on Azura before but have been on other ships, P&O & others. Our last cruise was on Iona and we thought there were too many cutbacks. The cruise before with Marella was better in our opinion.

On 5/8/2022 at 12:11 AM, pcolwell said:

Can anyone chime in about excursions on Azura out of Malta?  Price, what there is to do.  Can you go out on your own or is it a must to be on an excursion?  We are looking at the Sept. trip and from the US.

We visited Malta on a cruise with P&O. We did an excursion, which I can’t recall the name of, that visited a fishing village and a bit of a drive around to see some of the sights. Whilst the fishing village was attractive, we thought that the rest of the island looked quite shabby. Many of the houses looked unfinished and had tumble down walls around barren looking gardens (the guide explained that it’s all due to their lax planning laws). The city of Valletta looked much nicer but we only saw glimpses of it returning to the ship and as it took around an hour to get back on the ship due to a huge, slow moving, queue (other ships were embarking for new cruises at the same time and we got caught in it all) we didn’t bother getting off again. 

If we ever visited Malta again we wouldn’t bother with an excursion and we would just wander around Valletta on our own (the cruise terminal is fairly central). In fact we prefer to do that in most places now.

24 minutes ago, Orianababes said:

Morning

be interested to hear some of those “missing things” purplesea 

So would I as I didn’t think much more could have been missed from Iona when I was on it in February. 
Just a few things we missed that have been on Britannia, no wine waiter, entertainment very minimal at best, no evening turn down service and never saw our cabin steward all cruise and last but not least very poor buffet with no drinks available other than tea or coffee.

• Like 1

Apart from the things that have been listed before that are covid related, e.g. cabin serviced once a day, etc.

The differences on Iona compared to Azura - in the MDR we were served extra dishes of vegetables with each meal and chips with the main meal, we also had dishes of ice cream with dessert and the chocolate with coffee at the end of the meal. After ordering wine no waiter topped up wine glasses. The menu also seemed to have less choice, on several occasions I struggled something that appealed and didn't bother with a starter on dessert.

Little things, but they make an impression.

3 hours ago, purplesea said:

Apart from the things that have been listed before that are covid related, e.g. cabin serviced once a day, etc.

The differences on Iona compared to Azura - in the MDR we were served extra dishes of vegetables with each meal and chips with the main meal, we also had dishes of ice cream with dessert and the chocolate with coffee at the end of the meal. After ordering wine no waiter topped up wine glasses. The menu also seemed to have less choice, on several occasions I struggled something that appealed and didn't bother with a starter on dessert.

Little things, but they make an impression.

I don't know if this is a staffing issue that had got worse by February on Iona but we didn't have extra vegetables in the MDR and forget the chocolate, we didn't even get offered a coffee.

I'm really starting to think P&O should be either giving a discount on these sub (pre covid) standard cruises or cancel altogether. After all my Son and his wife have saved hard for the last three years to pay for this cruise (their first) and I feel they will come away thinking what is all the hype, we would have been treated better in a resort.  

• Like 1

We are flying out on Azura tomorrow and am very confused at Face Mask situation. The P&O website and when we booked they were only required in the theatre. But we received this email today:

Please wear a mask in all interior venues outside your cabin/stateroom.  This includes wearing a mask when you are walking around in public spaces around the ship, but of course you can remove your mask when eating or drinking or when outside on deck.  Please note that visors and face shields are not accepted as a substitute for a face mask.

I am not clear if this is mandatory or optional. Will be a big disappointment if mandatory and will consider cancelling future cruises if P&O introduce restrictions at the last moment, people should be given notice to re-book if adding restrictions like this.

9 hours ago, purplesea said:

They changed to mandatory the day we boarded (28th April) prior to that it was only required to wear face masks, in the theatre and when visiting the medical centre.

I mentioned this to my husband last night, we go in a month - he's not very happy 😲

I believe it was because there was an increase of cases onboard. Since I have returned Malta has relaxed it's covid regulations, e.g. a PLF is no longer required.

It could all change again before you board in a months time, as you know things are constantly changing🤞

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I believe it was because there was an increase of cases onboard. Since I have returned Malta has relaxed it's covid regulations, e.g. a PLF is no longer required.

It could all change again before you board in a months time, as you know things are constantly changing🤞

They are lucky so many people still want to try and cruise at the moment. Like you say it is a constantly changing situation. I sometimes feel like we are part of a board game: Cruise cancelled due staffing issues - try to get refund; Theatre entertainment denied boarding due to Covid - decide on alternative 

Lots of other major & minor ones occurring and we just have to adapt as best we can or opt out of cruising for the moment.

Waiting to see someone create  a cruisers bingo card of possible events but that may because I am about to find this year's one for Eurovision 🤣

10 hours ago, Waju said:

I mentioned this to my husband last night, we go in a month - he's not very happy 😲

I chose not to mention this to my husband (we go in about 3 weeks) as I'd know he wouldn't be very happy 🤐😂

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DS_Dean said:

Ice cream / Sundaes area also closed 😞

Is anyone else getting tired of the Covid excuse?

It seems to me, cutting crew numbers to make more profit to try and claw back money lost over the pandemic.

This is not the cruise sold to me, my son and his wife and it is their first time cruising. 

They were looking forward to a meal in the Sindhu as it is their favorite type of food and have seen pictures of the meals my wife and I have had there.

What is particularly disappointing is that P&O do not have the courtesy to let this before you go. Just today I have received an email suggesting I book speciality restaurants etc. This is what it says! (my underline).

"Book dining experiences now
Whether it’s a birthday, anniversary, a romantic dinner or just because you want to treat yourself, you can book a special meal in one of our speciality dining venues. Each ship has its own unique selection, so, will you embark on a flavour-filled adventure with contemporary Indian dishes at Sindhu? Or perhaps you’ll tuck into hearty dishes and comfort-food favourites from around the world in The Beach House."

I feel I have been overcharged and will be underwhelmed and disappointed with this cruise.

I feel a case of Covid coming on and we will try again next year.

Edited by MX-Drew
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1