Lihou Island from Guernsey

Has anyone been to Lihou Island?  We are in St Peter, Guernsey 8a-6p on August 17 and the causeway is open that day 4:08p-6:26p.  I’m researching how to get to the causeway from the cruise ship (either on our own or with a tour) and if it would even work out on timing.  Would love to hear from anyone who has been to Lihou Island.    

I’ve learned that since the causeway opens at 4:08pm and it takes 20 minutes to walk each direction and our ship sails at 6pm and the drive is a little more than 40 minutes (per google maps) between the cruise ship pier and the parking to walk to the island, the timing doesn’t work for us to visit the island.  Oh well, it was worth checking out and putting on the list for a future visit.

Meanwhile, you might enjoy reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.  It's a delightful little book (fiction) about the island under German occupation in WWII.

Also, take the local bus around part of the island; cheap & interesting.

• Like 1

Wayfairers. Be aware that Guernsey can be a tricky port for cruise ship calls as adverse weather can prevent tendering-at least in our experience although others may have fared better.

Four times on itineraries we were meant to have a call there, but of those four , we only managed in twice.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DRS/NC said:

Meanwhile, you might enjoy reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.  It's a delightful little book (fiction) about the island under German occupation in WWII.

Also, take the local bus around part of the island; cheap & interesting.

I’m looking into the bus.  Would you suggest riding around the island perimeter or cutting across the interior and doing only a portion of the perimeter?   Looks like the southern coast has the cliffs.   

I am  considering riding the bus around the island, getting off along the southern coast and walking back to St Peter on cliff walk.   Now trying to find a place to start our walk that would be 2-3 hours from the cruise ship tender.