Skagway: need help with shore excursions

drarill

Hello everyone:

This is going to be our first cruise to Alaska, and our first time with NCL too. I'm traveling with my husband and two kids (ages 7 and 8). Decided to try the freestyle cruising with the NCL Star. Our plans so far are the following:

1. arrive in Seattle three days before departure day.

2. Juneau: Mendenhall Glacier & Wildlife Quest

3. Ketchikan: Misty Fjords seaplane and the Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show

4. Skagway: White Pass Rail, Klondike Highway & Gold Camp Adventure and the Dogsledding & Glacier Flightseeing Helicopter. I can do both tours doing the White Pass Rail at 7:30 AM and the Dogsledding at 12:45 or The Dogsledding at 9:15AM and the White Pass Rail at 11:45 AM.

Any feedbacks will be appreciated. I'm concerned about the helicopters cancellations, I really dont know:confused: if they cancel more mornings or afternoon rides.

Thanks so much in advance;

Lydia

I would recommend doing the railway in the afternoon. The first time we did it we were put on the early morning trip, and the valley was full of the morning fog. By the time we got back at noon the fog had cleared and the visibility was good for the pm trip.

I would recommend doing the railway in the afternoon. The first time we did it we were put on the early morning trip, and the valley was full of the morning fog. By the time we got back at noon the fog had cleared and the visibility was good for the pm trip.

No guarantee- I've been fogged out in the afternoon too.

Neil:

Made my reservations yesterday, I'm doing the dog sledding in the morning (9:30) and the white pass railway in the afternoon (2:30). Budget queen was right, the cruise line didn't let me book the second excursion at 11:45. I'm still happy with my excursions.

Thanks again to both of you for your help.

Lydia

Archived