Sailing aqua-class on Equinox. Should we dine in Blu all the time? Is it better than the MDR and specialty restaurants?

dreamboat43

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

Frankly I don´t understand some questions and discussions.
Go to Blu, see how you like it and then decide - based on your own experience and taste and not based on what others tell you. You have nothing to lose and have all the choice.

For us Blu is the reason to book Aqua and yes, we wouldn´t go to the MDR and exclusively eat at Blu.

But that´s us and you might think differently. 🙅‍♂️ 

Agreed, although we're on the side of the fence that doesn't care for Blu or see it as worth any extra $ over non-Aqua and the MDR.

Best bet for those new to Aqua is to look at the menus before booking and decide if "spa inspired" suits them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

No, there´s no charge - because it isn´t possible! Blu is for AQ (and suite) guests only - period.
Luminae offers the option to invite guests for a charge - Blu does not.

And it is one of the very few consistent regulations.

Well I sailed in Aqua and invited guests to join us. It was permitted but there was a $25 per person charge. This was pre-Covid and on Summit. So...if there is not now (which I acknowledged it may have changed) there once was.  Please don't say its not possible. 

1 hour ago, Guppy99 said:

Well I sailed in Aqua and invited guests to join us. It was permitted but there was a $25 per person charge. This was pre-Covid and on Summit. So...if there is not now (which I acknowledged it may have changed) there once was.  Please don't say its not possible. 

Look, we have done over 15 cruises in AQ over many years. The most recent one was on Apex in September. I have asked a few times, even Maitre D´s I know. The answer was always: "No, sorry not possible..." over many years on different ships and all three classes. It´s an experience confirmed by many many others and often discussed. So I have to say that if there has been a change to it now being possible, I haven´t heard of it and I´d be genuinely surprised.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Look, we have done over 15 cruises in AQ over many years. The most recent one was on Apex in September. I have asked a few times, even Maitre D´s I know. The answer was always: "No, sorry not possible..." over many years on different ships and all three classes. It´s an experience confirmed by many many others and often discussed. So I have to say that if there has been a change to it now being possible, I haven´t heard of it and I´d be genuinely surprised.

I an only convey my experience.

6 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

It is good to know that this has been possible.  It was my understanding that people in suites could invite guests to Luminae for a $25 fee, never knew it is sometimes possible for Blu.

5 hours ago, rotoal said:

It is good to know that this has been possible.  It was my understanding that people in suites could invite guests to Luminae for a $25 fee, never knew it is sometimes possible for Blu.

While it may be possible, it's also a good chunk of the way towards specialty dining. Unless the non-aqua guests were smitten with the daily menu, or if they were being treated to dinner, I'd wonder if specialty might be a better option. 

We were so impressed with this restaurant that we would book aqua class just for this. For our upcoming celebration cruise, our retirement,, we got a good deal on a sky suite and will be eating at Luminae . Hope it is as good as this restaurant. You will not be disappointed.

On 4/14/2022 at 7:58 AM, aml3679 said:

We were so impressed with this restaurant that we would book aqua class just for this. For our upcoming celebration cruise, our retirement,, we got a good deal on a sky suite and will be eating at Luminae . Hope it is as good as this restaurant. You will not be disappointed.

Can you elaborate on what impressed you? Food quality, menu options, service, decor, wine list, etc?   We're solidly in the "Blu isn't for us because of the menu" camp, so it's interesting to see what it is that appeals to others.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We love Blu.   I look forward to the more intimate surroundings, fewer people.   I also like the "personalized" feel you get from the host or hostess.  By the end of the cruise, your servers know your likes and no thank you's.   I miss that when dining in MDR with a random server.   We also enjoy getting to know the staff and this gives you more time to find out about them too.  The food is a little "cleaner" than in MDR but by no means "health" food.    And the comments about breakfast are absolutely true.   I enjoy this (and the blu parfair) every morning.   Throw in a chocolate croissant and I am set.    Aqua Class to me just puts me in a relax mode immediately once I get on board but Blu keeps the mood going. 

Have a great time.

When we were in Aqua on Equinox in 2019 with another couple, we dined in Blu for most of our dinners and many breakfasts.  We didn't dine in the MDR but we did have two paid dinners in specialty restaurants we wanted to try.  We were happy for all our meals