Alaska cruise: If I don’t get off the ship in Victoria, do I still need ArriveCan?

CruiseMark

5 hours ago, 5waldos said:

Are you still asked to make a test appointment for arrival in case you are randomly selected?

No, at least not in my experience. After I created my traveller profiles and uploaded my vax card photos (done earlier), I just had to pick the cruise ship, sailing date, Canadian port location, and agree to the test requirements. 

5 hours ago, 5waldos said:

Are you still asked to make a test appointment for arrival in case you are randomly selected?

It did not ask me that question and cruise ship passengers on an excursion will not be randomly selected. Not sure that would apply if you rented a car and drove into Canada from Skagway or another port.

• if you’re entering Canada as part of an excursion during the cruise, you won’t be selected for arrival testing”

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

58 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

It did not ask me that question and cruise ship passengers on an excursion will not be randomly selected. Not sure that would apply if you rented a car and drove into Canada from Skagway or another port.

• if you’re entering Canada as part of an excursion during the cruise, you won’t be selected for arrival testing”

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

I was actually thinking of when we fly into Vancouver. We should be able to use one ArriveCAN since we fly in on Thursday and sail on Friday. I figure if we fill it all out on Weds it will work. But I guess that ArriveCAN is ArriveCAN- if you weren't asked then they have dropped that. Which is good because that part of it got very confusing- it let me to another site which didn't work well. 

8 hours ago, 5waldos said:

I was actually thinking of when we fly into Vancouver. We should be able to use one ArriveCAN since we fly in on Thursday and sail on Friday. I figure if we fill it all out on Weds it will work. But I guess that ArriveCAN is ArriveCAN- if you weren't asked then they have dropped that. Which is good because that part of it got very confusing- it let me to another site which didn't work well. 

You'll need to enter the two 'trips' separately - as once you arrive by plane, but then to board the ship you need to do a 'marine' entry. The most recent update was primarily to resolve issues Cruisers were having, so now ALL the cruise ports are definitely listed and there's a specific 'cruising' option (that should then let you choose only from cruise ports) instead of one generic 'marine entry' with all potential ports of entry... and we have a LOT of coast in Canada!

7 hours ago, martincath said:

You'll need to enter the two 'trips' separately - as once you arrive by plane, but then to board the ship you need to do a 'marine' entry. The most recent update was primarily to resolve issues Cruisers were having, so now ALL the cruise ports are definitely listed and there's a specific 'cruising' option (that should then let you choose only from cruise ports) instead of one generic 'marine entry' with all potential ports of entry... and we have a LOT of coast in Canada!

Glad I asked.