Honeymoon Cruise Question - Which Cabin??

My fiance and I are probably going to cruise for our honeymoon. We're getting married in June, 2007. My question is, what are the benefits, if any, for booking a Junior Suite, Grand Suite, etc? I know the rooms are bigger but, are there any perks? Also, how are the cabins on the very back of the ship? The aft cabins? Noisy? We want to make this special since it is our honeymoon.

Thanks.

Nick

If you book a JS or GS, you won't have any noise problems, unless someone decides to party right outside your door! The only real benefit, aside from largers spaces and bathtubs (as opposed to just showers) is that you get 2 credits toward your Crown and Anchor membership (if you join). Also, robes are generally avail. (not that that's such a big deal). I love the JS--really don't need all the space that's in a GS for 2 people. The JS is quite roomy and comfy and the walk-in closet is great. Whatever cabin you choose, you will have a wonderful honeymoon!

Don't the benefits depend on which ship they are sailing on? I.e. if the ship has a concierge lounge etc.

If I was going on honeymoon, would go for an Owners Suite - something really special AND I assume you are going to spend A BIT OF TIME in your room ;). However, it comes down to budget and how much time you intend to spend in your room (joking aside!).

Which ship are you looking at?

Boo

All depends on how much $$ you are willing to spend. We’ve always been very happy with a balcony cabin. Aft balconies are the largest . . .and our favorite. IMO book a newer ship w/ lots of sea days and the best cabin you can afford. Wishing you all the best!

We are sooooo looking forward to our next cruise . . .

Constellation Oct. ’06 – Western Caribbean (aft cabin)

Brilliance of the Seas April ’06 – Panama Canal (aft cabin)

Jewel of the Seas Oct. ’05 – Bermuda and Caribbean

Dawn Princess March '05 - Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess '04 (C752 Cabin off back of ship) - Eastern Caribbean

Island Princess '03 - Panama Canal

Star Princess '03 - Mexican Riveria

Grand Princess '02 - Western Caribbean

Enchantment of the Seas '98 - Eastern Caribbean

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I will reiterate some of the replies here, in that you'll have a great time no matter what your cabin category.

I would say consider budget. If it's unlimited(!), go for it. If not, then get a cabin within your budget and consider the other things you may want to spend money on while on the trip.

When my DH and I went on our honeymoon 21 years ago we could barely afford a cruise at all but we wanted to do something really special and we felt a cruise was just that. We went on the Song of America (since retired RCL ship:eek: ) and had an inside cabin on the lowest deck!!!

We had a great time on our cruise and have wonderful memories. We have souvenirs from that trip which we came across recently.

We are cruising in 21 days (yea!) and have an aft balcony on deck 7...my how we've come up in the world!:D

Archived