How do I add the "all-in" package for upcoming cruise?

kmtoner

We're booked on the Star Legend within 60 days of sailing. I would like to add the drinks/wifi/gratuities package for just my reservation. I can purchase shore excursions after I log into the Windstar web site, but I don't see a method to add drinks or other packages. The reservations number is unavailable on Sundays. Must I pay for it through the travel agent who handled the original booking and payment? Thanks in advance for advice. 

Sorry, I am not sure but suspect that your travel agent will have to contact WS. We booked our next cruise with a travel agent and when it came to booking the WS hotel (or even being informed of their rates) we were told by WS that our travel agent needed to contact them. Frustrating but I suppose it could get confusing for them with 2 different parties booking or making changes.

• Like 1

There is an online form somewhere on the website. There is a lot of information here https://advisorhub.windstarcruises.com/Cruising-Transformed

but i can never find the link to book when I want it.

If you use a TA that's the best way. Or if you booked directly, just call WA and they will add it.

Unless you have tons of shipboard credit to burn, you should do this before you leave as it is $10 less a day and you avoid any possible VAT.

• Like 1

Windstar customer service sent a polite reply to my email about this topic. They did not offer an online option to select the all-included package and instead asked me to call the general toll-free number. I've been on hold for 20 minutes so far. At the 30 minute mark, I'll turn this over to my TA. Seems silly to it this way. Do the shore excursion reservations require and process payments? If so, I don't see why the website couldn't handle drink packages or cabin gifts. 

You can book shore excursions via the website, but once booked, you can't make changes and will need to talk to a person.

Prior to our trip in December, I needed to call to purchase cabin gifts and to cancel a shore excursion.  The phone system was backed up, but I was offered an opportunity for a call back without having to stay on hold.  I forgot the estimated time, but was pleasantly surprised when the call came in slightly ahead of the estimate (something like 45 minutes estimated and the call in about 38?). 

Per this link (a TA FAQ for Windstar), adding the All-In package is manual.  Even TAs need to call it in.  However, they do get 10% commission for selling it (for the amounts covering the drinks and WIFI).

19 hours ago, kmtoner said:

Windstar customer service sent a polite reply to my email about this topic. They did not offer an online option to select the all-included package and instead asked me to call the general toll-free number. I've been on hold for 20 minutes so far. At the 30 minute mark, I'll turn this over to my TA. Seems silly to it this way. Do the shore excursion reservations require and process payments? If so, I don't see why the website couldn't handle drink packages or cabin gifts. 

Especially with the info about commission in the link below I'd certainly ask my TA to do it. I don't have to be on hold forever and they get a little commission. Win, win.  I generally just have them do it when they're making the booking.

I should have just asked my busy TA. I was hoping to get some more info from customer service about hotel availability. My TA reported at the time of booking that Windstar had zero rooms available. I found that tough to believe given how many affordable and very fancy hotel rooms were available when I used Expedia, Delta.com, and other sites. Alas, the operator said that she could only handle "cabin requests." Rather than wait in another queue, I booked my own room at a price lower than my TA could offer me.

I have no receipt for my all-inclusive payment and nothing appears on my reservation confirming this upgrade. So, I'm back to my TA to verify my purchase. 

7 hours ago, kmtoner said:

I should have just asked my busy TA. I was hoping to get some more info from customer service about hotel availability. My TA reported at the time of booking that Windstar had zero rooms available. I found that tough to believe given how many affordable and very fancy hotel rooms were available when I used Expedia, Delta.com, and other sites. Alas, the operator said that she could only handle "cabin requests." Rather than wait in another queue, I booked my own room at a price lower than my TA could offer me.

I have no receipt for my all-inclusive payment and nothing appears on my reservation confirming this upgrade. So, I'm back to my TA to verify my purchase. 

Remember, Windstar may only contract with one hotel in a particular city, so it's possible they have NO availability. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3kidslater said:

FYI -  We booked a WS hotel on our own on a previous trip. We were not treated as WS clients at the hotel WS desk and were not eligible for transportation to the pier (not a big deal, we took a cab)

I have been trying to determine the WS hotel for Amsterdam without any success. I’ve found the web page describing such hotels in other ports, but so far, I haven’t seen an Amsterdam hotel  listed. The WS customer service rep was unable to help me with this. 

16 minutes ago, kmtoner said:

I have been trying to determine the WS hotel for Amsterdam without any success. I’ve found the web page describing such hotels in other ports, but so far, I haven’t seen an Amsterdam hotel  listed. The WS customer service rep was unable to help me with this. 

Looking at the hotel list on the web site, there is NO Amsterdam hotel. Not sure if they show all hotels but they may have nothing there.

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused.

Is WS offering a hotel as a pre-cruise option and it isn't able to be booked (they don't always show which hotel until close to the cruise)?

Or, are you trying to just find out which hotel they use so you can book it yourself?

In any case, I believe the cruises now leave from beside Centraal Station, there are several hotels very close - even walking with luggage.

Edited by milepig