OLife beverage package question

LinnieRed

I’ve read as many threads as possible and still have questions about this.

We are booking a very last-minute cruise (1st time on Oceania, our experience is on Viking Ocean) and have to decide today on whether or not to get the OLife beverage package.

My specific question is this: Is the beer and wine served only in the restaurants during lunch and dinner hours, or at the bars/lounges as well?

Any idea of what kind of white wine is typically served? Are there choices?

The happy hour 2x1: Is the same rotating drink list with one choice per evening?

I really appreciate the answers. I have done as much diligence as I can online and in this forum this morning, but have not been able to find this information.

TIA,

Linnie

With the House Select beverage package, beer and wine by the glass is served in the restaurants during lunch and dinner. With the Prestige package that is an additional $20/day, it includes drinks at the bars during non-mealtimes although I think certain top shelf liquors are excluded. Maybe someone can elaborate on that. 
Here is the wine list from the cruise that I was on last month. 
2A45F71D-85C6-4ABE-A148-458DAC9ACCDA.thumb.jpeg.0063ac5871eee05428ec3f52530eceac.jpeg

House Select package is only served to you at lunch and dinner in one of the eating venues. There have been anecdotes about slow or non-existent service for people who tried to over-stay their meal just to drink. No direct knowledge of this.

As would be expected, the brands of wine change but any by the glass wine that are at any of the bars  is available at lunch or dinner. These are just examples of whites:

casa Vides Sauvignon Blanc Chile

Sauv Blanc calif

Pinot Grigio Italy

Sauv Blanc New Zealand

Pinot Blanc France

Burgundy France

Chenin Blanc S.Africa

Soave Classico Italy 

1 hour ago, LinnieRed said:

The happy hour 2x1: Is the same rotating drink list with one choice per evening?

Happy hour 2for1 includes drinks from "The Bar Menu" (I think it is included on the Preisman's blog) with some exclusions (Martinis Menu, Single Malt Scotches, XOS, Cocktail of the Day and Wine of the Day according to my last Currents). Speaking of Drink of the Day, there is a rotating drink from the Bar Menu that is typically half price all day, a.k.a. (at least to me) "happy hour all day". You won't go thirsty 🙂

Oh, and happy hour is generally (not always) before dinner and after the evening show.

Edited by AMHuntFerry
times

Just to be clear, HH 2 for 1 is available to all guests, not just those on the drink package. 

Also, for your consideration, you may bring on bottles of wine and spirits for consumption in your stateroom.  You may also take your wine to any dining venue for a $25 corkage fee. Any left in the bottle will be stored and you may call for it another day in any venue.

And one last thing, the $20 per day upgrade to the prestige package is per person.

Good luck and happy sailing.  -Katie