Port of LA Parking Issue (not good)

MsSoCalCruiser

Sorry about your unfortunate experience.  Unfortunately, crimes like this are on the rise everywhere...but have also been with us a long time.  You used to hear about wheels/tires--which is why I always equipped my car with "wheel locks"...the new thing seems to be catalytic converters...and, believe it or not, also luxury SUV rear seats --I guess they are designed to be removed easily for storage options.

I used to always leave my car in that lot when cruising out of San Pedro...and never had a problem...I assume most people don't.  But last two cruises, we've just done Park 'n' Cruise packages with the Doubletree and the Crown Plaza...The CP seems really secure with underground parking inside the building right under the hotel...

For our Majestic Princess cruise in three weeks, we're just Uber-ing to San Pedro...It's an $87 Uber ride for us, but, with parking at $20/day, it makes sense...plus, it's a one-way cruise (LA-Vancouver), so we fly back to LAX 10 days later...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, waltd said:

We left on Monday after a 10 day cruise.   As we were walking to our car all I could think about was that someone hadn't drained my car of a full tank of gas.   

There is a fence around the parking area but still has public access from the main street.  We did have gas in the car and we drove home with me having Covid.   A trip to remember.  

Oh no, I hope you are feeling ok.  Get well soon!  

6 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Sorry about your unfortunate experience.  Unfortunately, crimes like this are on the rise everywhere...but have also been with us a long time.  You used to hear about wheels/tires--which is why I always equipped my car with "wheel locks"...the new thing seems to be catalytic converters...and, believe it or not, also luxury SUV rear seats --I guess they are designed to be removed easily for storage options.

I used to always leave my car in that lot when cruising out of San Pedro...and never had a problem...I assume most people don't.  But last two cruises, we've just done Park 'n' Cruise packages with the Doubletree and the Crown Plaza...The CP seems really secure with underground parking inside the building right under the hotel...

For our Majestic Princess cruise in three weeks, we're just Uber-ing to San Pedro...It's an $87 Uber ride for us, but, with parking at $20/day, it makes sense...plus, it's a one-way cruise (LA-Vancouver), so we fly back to LAX 10 days later...

Thank you.  I think the next time I will have someone drop me off.