Aagh! There is no piano bar on the Noordam deck plan

whogo

I spent a lot of time there during our 2018 cruise to Australia, looks like that space is now Billboard Onboard. Is that the dueling pianos thing that gets mixed reviews? Is the library long gone?

Yep, Billboard Onboard is the dueling pianos....That's our favorite venue especially when we can get seats around the pianos.

Lots of fun with the theme sets (60's, British Invasion, One hit wonders, country, etc) and then "all request" sets when American Pie or Sweet Home Alabama closes is out......good times!

RE:  Library.....We enjoyed the library on the Rotterdam last October.  I know they have brought it back on that new ship so hoping that's going to continue.  It was in the area that would have been the Microsoft computer classroom.  Grabbed a Grisholm novel and a few other good books.  Said that they were using a small bookstore in Seattle to source it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whogo said:

I spent a lot of time there during our 2018 cruise to Australia, looks like that space is now Billboard Onboard. Is that the dueling pianos thing that gets mixed reviews? Is the library long gone?

It's definitely not the same as a Stryker, Jimmy Maddox or Barry from Boston but if the Duo is very good (some are not), it can be very enjoyable!  

Sadly, there are no piano bars left on any of the HAL ships. I used to love them, and closed them more nights than I can count---including back in the day when it closed at 2:00 AM. 

• Like 1