Splash Academy Closed?!

gvgseg

I read a recent review in which the person said that Encore's Splash Academy was closed for their entire cruise due to COVID protocols.  Children were required to stay with their parents/adults at all times. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I'm considering booking the 7/31/12 Encore sailing in Alaska and it may be a dealbreaker if I cannot leave my 10yo and 7yo at Splash Academy for at least a couple hours each day.

Currently the Splash Academy is closed I believe on all ships.  We sail this Friday and they just notified us last week. They gave eack kid a $100 credit to use in the arcade.  Apparently there will have activities available (think movie night) but it won't be drop off as a parent will have to stay.  

No way of knowing if it will reopen by this summer, I think they are taking it a few weeks at a time to see what's happening.  Not sure if its totally covid protocols or lack of staff or a combo

1 hour ago, gvgseg said:

I read a recent review in which the person said that Encore's Splash Academy was closed for their entire cruise due to COVID protocols.  Children were required to stay with their parents/adults at all times. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I'm considering booking the 7/31/12 Encore sailing in Alaska and it may be a dealbreaker if I cannot leave my 10yo and 7yo at Splash Academy for at least a couple hours each day.

It has not been opened since 2020. It will probably be reopened by the time you cruise, but at least for now, no where to drop off kids. 

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line for your upcoming vacation. We're looking forward to welcoming you aboard soon and helping you create exciting memories at sea.

As a reminder, Entourage will be open for teens ages 13 to 17 on all sailings. Once onboard, you can refer to the Entourage Daily Program for activity times and locations.

Please note that Splash Academy will not be available on your sailing. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and as a result we will be extending a $100 credit per child (ages 3 to 12) for your sailing, that may be redeemed in the arcade, or Galaxy Pavilion (available only on Norwegian Joy and Encore). In addition, we will be providing activities for youth and families on board including a range of daily activities from relaxing movie nights and game shows to our fun Feel Free Play sessions. Feel Free Play is not a drop off service and parents must attend the session with their children. Times and locations will be noted in the Freestyle Daily.

Be sure to check out the Freestyle Daily on board for the complete schedule, times and locations of all activities. In addition, be sure to download the NCL mobile app, so you can keep up-to-date with everything happening on board right at your fingertips!

To ensure a safe experience for all on board, all activities will follow the protocols in place at the time of sailing, and all guests must adhere to the direction of the crew while participating in the activities. For more information on our Health and Safety program, please visit
www.ncl.com/sail-safe.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard very soon.

On 4/12/2022 at 9:04 PM, gvgseg said:

I just called in and the agent said that Splash Academies are set to reopen on June 1st.

I wouldn’t hold your breath.  I was assured that they were opening April 1st for drop off and would be available during on April 3rd Breakaway cruise on 3/30. I then received the mentioned letter with the $100 arcade credit on 3/31. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alexsma said:

I wouldn’t hold your breath.  I was assured that they were opening April 1st for drop off and would be available during on April 3rd Breakaway cruise on 3/30. I then received the mentioned letter with the $100 arcade credit on 3/31. 

Same here. Was told when we booked our 04/15/2022 cruise that the dropoff at splash academy was unavailable until 03/31/2022 (so it should be open for our cruise.)

Rep on phone and chat stated this date as did the NCL website.

On April 1 NCL changed the wording on their website to say Splash Academy was “unavailable until further notice”

no date listed. 

I think it’s a combination of staffing issues and the fact that kids under 12 don’t have to be vaccinated. Notice the teen club is open because those kids are vaccinated. 
I have a feeling they’re having a hard time finding staff willing to work with unvaccinated kids all day every day