Are masks provided?

mains_dream

36 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I realize that but I don’t want passengers being confrontational either.  It is not my job to maintain order on a ship and any non-official attempt to do so may inflame the situation.  I had a very bad unprovoked experiences on a Princess and an Oceania ship.  I removed myself from the interaction and contacted security, quickly and very quietly.  

I try to follow all safety rules after all that is a lot of water below my feet and I don’t want anything to endanger the operation of the vessel.

Nowhere on any posts on this thread or on any other have I said that I will confront passengers so I’m not sure why you are bringing this up.  My point is that hal has not said mask wearing is optional even though some are reading it that way.  If that was true why is the captain thanking those that are wearing them?   I’m really tired of covid and I doubt want to see another wave.  It seems others don’t really care.  Maybe they’ve had it multiple times.  I haven’t had it yet and if I make it through this pandemic without catching it, it will be worth being uncomfortable wearing a mask at times.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Nowhere on any posts on this thread or on any other have I said that I will confront passengers so I’m not sure why you are bringing this up.  My point is that hal has not said mask wearing is optional even though some are reading it that way.  If that was true why is the captain thanking those that are wearing them?   I’m really tired of covid and I doubt want to see another wave.  It seems others don’t really care.  Maybe they’ve had it multiple times.  I haven’t had it yet and if I make it through this pandemic without catching it, it will be worth being uncomfortable wearing a mask at times.  

I was not quoting you but the spirited discourse of some.  It is worrisome to face the prospect of someone deciding to police the ship - for any reason.   My comment was that HAL is not making these rules, they are simply parroting the CDC.  That wording is precisely from the CDC guidelines 

Edited by Mary229

11 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I was not quoting you but the spirited discourse of some.  It is worrisome to face the prospect of someone deciding to police the ship - for any reason.   My comment was that HAL is not making these rules, they are simply parroting the CDC.  That wording is precisely from the CDC guidelines 

Of course I’m not everywhere on the ship at once.  That said, I’ve spent 4 weeks on the koningsdam since November.  At no time have I ever seen another passenger say anything to those not wearing masks.  Remember now, in November they were mandatory.  I have seen rude passengers mouthing off to crew members that reminded them to wear their mask.  I have also heard stories of non mask wearers asking mask wearers why they were wearing masks.  I love the response of one person who said to keep you and your family safe.  

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I have seen rude passengers mouthing off to crew members that reminded them to wear their mask.  I have also heard stories of non mask wearers asking mask wearers why they were wearing masks.

Those people have no place on a ship.  They are the ones who will push others out of the way if we need to abandon ship.   Ship order is so important and really easy.  I am not a mask wearer but if that is what the sign says, I do it, just like I wear shoes and a shirt 😉to be served in a restaurant 

Cloth masks were provided 1 per guest on our 7 day cruise last December. In addition I brought along one disposable paper mask per day per person bought at Costco to be used as needed.

IMG_2981.JPG

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Like 1

We're on the Zuiderdam now; they gave us one each KN95, good masks at the beginning, and all we have to do is ask our room stewards for more when we need them. We wear them any time we are outside our cabin except when we are outside in the air and not near anyone, seated.  The crew wears them all the time. 

Edited by 12cruise2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, mains_dream said:

I was wondering how many masks to bring!

Back to the topic....bring one mask to get thru embarkation and then you can get all the masks you need (free) once onboard.

Enjoy the cruise!