NCL Air to Barcelona

jkbec101

Trying to get a bit of intel.  

We're flying from LAX to to Barcelona in September and I am trying to find out what NCL has booked in the past and for those traveling from the West Coast to Barcelona in the next few months, what was the route NCL selected, how long the layover was and in what City.  

In researching prices, the cheapest has been SAS through Copenhagen with like a 6 hour layover.  I figure if we get a similar route, we would take advantage and do a quick tour of the city or maybe a site or two instead of waiting at the airport the entire time.

Thanks in advance!

I honestly think with that distance and all the possible options for where connecting flights could be made, you won't get any reliable intel until NCL releases your specific information to you.  NCL uses a multitude of airlines and the way pricing changes all the time, no one can predict where your flights will route through.  

I do sincerely wish you good luck on getting decent flights.  I am too chicken to let NCL have control of my flights for any cruise.  I want to control as many of the factors as I can, especially on international flights.

I too am getting antsy about my flight information. We are sailing out of Barcelona June 5, flying out of Houston and we still don't have our flight information. We have used NCL for flights before and were very happy with them. You can't beat the second person flies free. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jkbec101 said:

In researching prices, the cheapest has been SAS through Copenhagen with like a 6 hour layover.  I figure if we get a similar route, we would take advantage and do a quick tour of the city or maybe a site or two instead of waiting at the airport the entire time.

Unless nothing else is available, NCL keeps layovers to less than 4 hours.

Contrary to popular belief, you can't strictly go by what is cheapest.  They negotiate pricing and buy in blocks, so can (and usually do) get much better rates than what you as an individual might get.  They are more apt to use American/United/Air Canada and fly you to a midwest/east coast hub.

We got our flight info 45 days before our cruise We always fly in a day or two early in case of issues. We are flying to Barcelona from Phoenix.. They have us on Delta thru Atlanta with a 3 1/2 layover then straight thru to Barcelona.. we are pretty darn happy with the flights 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to echo what others are saying...the cheapest flight for our trip to Rome was the only direct flight for like 6 weeks right before we got our flights. The flight times were perfect and it was actually $600 per person cheaper than the flight we assumed they would give us leading up to the days of ticketing. Did we get the direct, super cheap flight? No! We fly through multiple countries and will deal with multiple airports with customs and will only have 3.5 hours to get to our ship once we land. But, I have no regrets because the savings is thousands of dollars using their air.

On 4/13/2022 at 12:39 PM, laurenbob said:

We got our flight info 45 days before our cruise We always fly in a day or two early in case of issues. We are flying to Barcelona from Phoenix.. They have us on Delta thru Atlanta with a 3 1/2 layover then straight thru to Barcelona.. we are pretty darn happy with the flights 

That's awesome!

We sail on the 29th. We got our flight info this morning.

Columbia SC to Atlanta then direct to Barcelona

Coming back Barcelona to Phili, then to Columbia.

Longest layover is 2 and half hours in Phili coming back. 

We fly in a day early and arrive in Barcelona at 8.45 am. Our flight home after cruise is at 9.40am

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bruce85 said:

We fly in a day early and arrive in Barcelona at 8.45 am. Our flight home after cruise is at 9.40am

yikes! Is that  9:40 departure on the same day as your cruise returning to Barcelona?  If so, That doesn’t leave much time to get to the airport.

14 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

yikes! Is that  9:40 departure on the same day as your cruise returning to Barcelona?  If so, That doesn’t leave much time to get to the airport.

You can get to the airport in time but might be tight getting through check in that quickly. There was over a half hour line just for Passport checks. That was after check-in in and security. Did NCL book that flight?

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, nferr said:

You can get to the airport in time but might be tight getting through check in that quickly. There was over a half hour line just for Passport checks. That was after check-in in and security. Did NCL book that flight?

Yes NCL booked it. We dock at 5am in our schedule.

On 4/20/2022 at 6:02 PM, bruce85 said:

You got your flights only 9 days before your cruise?? I would have been going crazy with it being that close to the sailing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 12:45 PM, kby1216 said:

I too am getting antsy about my flight information. We are sailing out of Barcelona June 5, flying out of Houston and we still don't have our flight information. We have used NCL for flights before and were very happy with them. You can't beat the second person flies free. 

We are sailing out of Barcelona on July 31, and flying out of Houston as well.  By chance, have you received your flight information yet?  I know Barcelona is 7+ hours ahead of us and we are wondering how NCL is arranging the flights.  We did add two days at the beginning of our cruise, but are hesitant on schedule tours in Barcelona.

2 hours ago, bj81 said:

We are sailing out of Barcelona on July 31, and flying out of Houston as well.  By chance, have you received your flight information yet?  I know Barcelona is 7+ hours ahead of us and we are wondering how NCL is arranging the flights.  We did add two days at the beginning of our cruise, but are hesitant on schedule tours in Barcelona.

We added one day to the beginning and they have us flying Houston-Frankfurt-Barcelona and on the way back Barcelona-London-Houston. We are pretty happy with our flights. Flight over is overnight. It will be afternoon before we get into Barcelona.

Edited by kby1216
  • Like 1

We got our flight info ~30 days prior (we leave next Fri and set sail Sun).

initially, the NCL summary page showed us going from Philly to Montreal then to Barcelona.  When our flight e-mail dropped, though, they had us Philly direct Barcelona (same on return with a 14:30 departure).

So, I guess what I’m saying is while folks can give you ideas or experiences, there are so many variables and you really won’t know til your email comes thru.

4 hours ago, Cobra1365 said:

We got our flight info ~30 days prior (we leave next Fri and set sail Sun).

initially, the NCL summary page showed us going from Philly to Montreal then to Barcelona.  When our flight e-mail dropped, though, they had us Philly direct Barcelona (same on return with a 14:30 departure).

So, I guess what I’m saying is while folks can give you ideas or experiences, there are so many variables and you really won’t know til your email comes thru.

Thank you so much.  I was just trying to determine if we need two hotel night or one.  It's hard to determine since there is a big chance the flight arriving in Barcelona will be the next day.

26 minutes ago, bj81 said:

Thank you so much.  I was just trying to determine if we need two hotel night or one.  It's hard to determine since there is a big chance the flight arriving in Barcelona will be the next day.

Pretty sure you’ll find most the flights arrive in the morning.  So, while we set up to fly out “two days prior” we arrive the day prior and only needed one hotel night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Received our flights. 😠. Flying north to Montreal Canada from Orlando then to Barcelona.  Plus there's a 4.5 hour layover! Makes NO sense. Perfectly good flights out of Miami.