Are the Joy Aft Cabins still too shaky?

putums

Hi, I am going on the Joy this coming July. I love the aft cabins but after reading through some posts/reviews have concerns regarding the aft cabins and vibrations. Wondering if this is still a problem our has it been fixed? 

On 4/15/2022 at 9:14 AM, putums said:

Hi, I am going on the Joy this coming July. I love the aft cabins but after reading through some posts/reviews have concerns regarding the aft cabins and vibrations. Wondering if this is still a problem our has it been fixed? 

Since you love aft cabins, you understand that there will be some vibration. Some folks don't understand what to expect and complain once they experience it. For us, the aft cabins (and forward suites on small ships) are the best cabins on the ship. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 4:57 PM, putums said:

I put in an upgrade bid to go to an aft Haven from a Haven family Villa, was surprised when I got the upgrade offer at 95 days out.

that doesn't seem to make sense... the Family Villa's are usually more expensive then the Haven aft cabins

Thanks for the replies. I have had some minor vibrations on the aft havens and not a problem. Just seemed to read some threads regarding the vibrations on the Joy being unbearable. 

On my cruise the aft cabins are more expensive the the family villas. I love having the wake just outside and love the fact that these aft cabins have 2 bathrooms and a door between 2 areas of sleep. I enjoy early morning coffee without leaving my room and wouldn't have to worry about waking anyone up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, putums said:

Thanks for the replies. I have had some minor vibrations on the aft havens and not a problem. Just seemed to read some threads regarding the vibrations on the Joy being unbearable. 

On my cruise the aft cabins are more expensive the the family villas. I love having the wake just outside and love the fact that these aft cabins have 2 bathrooms and a door between 2 areas of sleep. I enjoy early morning coffee without leaving my room and wouldn't have to worry about waking anyone up.

I can't agree more regarding the aft cabins. They are without a doubt my favorite ones.
I did phantom book all Norwegian Joy July 2022 cruises... and in no case was the Haven Aft Cabin, regular or large deck, more expensive than a Haven Family Suite; so perhaps prices have changed since you looked.

Perhaps we are talking two different rooms. Below is what I'm seeing.. the 2 bedroom family villa is $4600 and the most expensive aft cabin is $3600. However I did scroll down and found the family villa which I'm guessing you must be referring to; it's sold out so no price. I've never seen this suite and didn't know they existed. Certainly no comparison to either the 2 bedroom family suite, nor the aft suites.

joy villa.jpg