Just off Symphony. Quick review - any Q's?

On 5/2/2022 at 11:21 AM, baelor said:

Thanks!

One more question:  I have a friend who will want to spend a chunk of each day sitting on a beach chair reading.  Preferably in a not-too-loud area.  Were there any relatively quiet spots on your cruise?  I assume Solarium had that vibe, but was wondering about any areas near pools or on the upper decks.

We enjoyed the solarium except for one very windy, rainy day.  The very loud music on the pool deck made it unpleasant for me but plenty of folks were enjoying it.  

What is the big deal with Johnny Rockets for breakfast?  #thingsIapparentlyneedtoknow

Did you notice if there were drink specials or any "deals" on the ship on port days?  I'm thinking we will want to get off asap, go see/do some stuff, and then take advantage of less people on the ship and relax.

What "free" drinks are available?  We did purchase a soft drink package but I'm not as much about "coke" as my husband.

Did you do any fun excursions?  Not much left for my cruise (May 21).

Thanks for your helpful comments!

3 minutes ago, sdrocks said:

How can you communicate between each other without using Voom ?  

The RCI app has a built in chat/text function for $1.99/pppd. You can use other things like voicemail on cabin phone, notes, etc.

On 5/8/2022 at 3:54 PM, amurray88 said:

I'd definitely do solarium... The other areas are really too busy to relax in my opinion. 👍

I got off the ship on May 7th and I did not enjoy the solarium like I did on the Wonder.  Wonder was better as it was covered with no slats and windy noises.  SOS solarium on the first two days with winds of 25 mph, made for a noisy whistling solarium.  It was very empty for a sea day.  This would not have happened on Wonder or Quantum class ships.

And on Wonder, Capt Rob did have his Captain talk while on SOS Capt Rick did not have it.

I felt the entire ship SOS as well as Wonder were way to noisy with music everywhere.

RCI is starting to be like Carnival just a bit with the loud music even in the back near the flowrider and golf.  I mean I could not hear the horn when leaving Ft Lauderdale because of the loud music in back.

• Like 1