Live Carnival Pride April 24, 2022 Tampa to Barcelona

11 hours ago, maryann2 said:

Tested positive today.  Glad I am home.

Neg Saturday morning and Negative yesterday.  Runny nose and sneezing. Like a cold.

No fever.

I'm sure I picked it up on the flight from BCN to London or at Heathrow where everyone was coughing and sneezing without masks. 

So sorry, feel better soon. i think airports are worse than any cruise ship

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

How much in advance did you book appointment? I was planning on trying proctored but if it doesn't work to then make appointment. How long did it take for results?

That was my plan also, but the internet on the ship was poor and spotty, with 2 full days of no internet.  I didn’t want to count on being able to proctor, so I made my appointment about a week ahead of our debarkation day.  The test result came back in less than 20 minutes.  I’m glad I did it that way.  If you wait till the day before to make your appointment, it’s possible there won’t be any time spots that fit with your flight schedule.  In that case you would have to join the long line of people without appointments.  To me the 30 euros I paid to book the test was peace of mind.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, victory2020 said:

How much in advance did you book appointment? I was planning on trying proctored but if it doesn't work to then make appointment. How long did it take for results?

11 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

That was my plan also, but the internet on the ship was poor and spotty, with 2 full days of no internet.  I didn’t want to count on being able to proctor, so I made my appointment about a week ahead of our debarkation day.  The test result came back in less than 20 minutes.  I’m glad I did it that way.  If you wait till the day before to make your appointment, it’s possible there won’t be any time spots that fit with your flight schedule.  In that case you would have to join the long line of people without appointments.  To me the 30 euros I paid to book the test was peace of mind.

@victory2020 - availability will depend on if you're flying out the same day that your cruise returns to Barcelona (when there will be a mass of people all trying to get tested at the same time) or if you're at an off-peak time. For example, my wife and I are on the Carnival Pride's May 19th sailing that returns to Barcelona on May 29th. We booked an airport test a couple weeks ago (when Carnival said it would cost $100 to test at the port). Looking at the availability now, there are zero appointments available on May 29th between 8am - 11am (when most people flying out the same day would need to be tested).

You can look at availability at: https://flycovidtestcenter.com/en/book-appointment/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jslev9 said:

@victory2020 - availability will depend on if you're flying out the same day that your cruise returns to Barcelona (when there will be a mass of people all trying to get tested at the same time) or if you're at an off-peak time. For example, my wife and I are on the Carnival Pride's May 19th sailing that returns to Barcelona on May 29th. We booked an airport test a couple weeks ago (when Carnival said it would cost $100 to test at the port). Looking at the availability now, there are zero appointments available on May 29th between 8am - 11am (when most people flying out the same day would need to be tested).

You can look at availability at: https://flycovidtestcenter.com/en/book-appointment/

We are on the same cruise, only we are staying an extra night after debark.  Just checked the site and reserved spots for Monday.  Thanks!

• Like 2

Interesting comments from The Norwegian Dawn TA. Ends in Southampton.

Some ports would not allow ship to dock.

Edited to add.

970 passengers.

100- 200 tested positive in Netherlands 

Le Havre and Zeebrugge cancelled.

Edited by maryann2
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 12:11 AM, kwokpot said:

Why would they do that? They only have one old ship that sails in Europe. Royal and Celebrity have multiple ships sailing in Europe and they don't have their own cruise terminal in Barcelona.

Carnival does have it's own terminal and expanding - the Helix.

Carnival owns 8 lines including Costa and Aida and they have a lot of ships in the Med

"Carnival Corporation is expecting to accommodate over one million passenger movements at the port in 2018, with 289 calls by 38 different ships."

https://www.barcelonacruiseterminal.com/news/news-detail/2018/05/05/carnival-corporation-opens-helix-cruise-center-at-port-of-barcelona

Edited by M&A

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

For anyone who took a taxi from the ship to the airport - Were they readily available & did you have tp wait in a long line to get one & what was the cost? I am looking into booking a private car but it may not be necessary

I would bother with booking a private car. There are thousands of Taxis in Barcelona including minivans if you have lots of luggage.

2 hours ago, victory2020 said:

For anyone who took a taxi from the ship to the airport - Were they readily available & did you have tp wait in a long line to get one & what was the cost? I am looking into booking a private car but it may not be necessary

I didn’t take a taxi.  I took the Carnival shuttle.  I did see the taxi line though, and it was a pretty long line waiting for taxis.  Hopefully the line went quickly.  Nancy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1