Apex Eastern Caribbean April 9-16 Photo Review

micmacmissy

On 5/10/2022 at 7:21 PM, TheHawk1 said:

Oh dear.  I thought this was still a health issue?  After touching all those utensils, I'd have to run and wash my hands before I could eat anything. 

But otherwise, loving your review!

I totally got that wrong.  I meant to say, served TO YOU, not self serve.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2022 at 7:04 PM, micmacmissy said:

She then asked me why my butler/Retreat host didn’t handle that for me - I felt like I got him in trouble!  I really only asked her where I could find cookies onboard - did not mean to start Cookiegate 2022…and I would never ask my poor hardworking Retreat host/butler guy to be my cookie servant.

And yes, we had a plate of cookies in our room every day on the cruise from then on.  I felt guilty every time I looked at them!

I would have just said "Oh I didn't ask him." That's not getting anyone into trouble. Your host doesn't know what you need unless you ask, and there's no reason to feel guilty. 

On my last cruise, the coffee took about 30-40 minutes to arrive, so I just ordered it when I woke up and by the time I was ready for it, it arrived. (I was in the Retreat on the Reflection.)

On 5/8/2022 at 7:46 AM, micmacmissy said:

A lot of people asking lately what your Retreat Host can do for you…honestly, ours didn’t do much.  We requested two things:  ice in our ice bucket at turndown.  And on two separate mornings, coffee delivered to our room.  It took until day 4 (and two reminders) before the ice showed up.  Coffee took 30-45 minutes to be delivered.  Meh.  The other request - can you help check on our reservation requests for Eden and Rooftop Grill?  He ghosted us on those things.

That's a shame. Ours was wonderful and went above and beyond. I think we did the restaurant reservation requests in the Retreat area with the lounge concierge, because that just seemed to make more sense for us. I didn't think to ask the Host. Were there Retreat concierges on the Apex?