Docking in Stockholm

Floater67

2 hours ago, leavesofapple said:

Can’t have docked in Nynäshamn of it was ”right downtown”. Nynäshamn is a town a distance from Stockholm. 

You are right leavesofapple.  When we first booked the cruise it was to dock in Nynäshamn.  But it actually docked at Skeppsbron, which is within walking distance of the centre of the city.  Thanks for the correction.

On 4/18/2022 at 10:08 AM, janetcbl said:

43 km. There are airport buses to Central Station. The pier is a brief taxi ride from there.

Thank you.

We have decided to book our own air . So we can go into Stockholm a day early, stay at a hotel near central station area and then take a taxi to the Viking ship  to begin our cruise. 

Do the airport buses have space for luggage under bus, with staff to place luggage there?

As to the train, I know it has space at end of cars for luggage according  to web site. 

. We will be having two suitcases and  2 carry ons. I really do not want to schlep my luggage at my age very far .

On 4/17/2022 at 6:05 PM, Floater67 said:

Can someone who knows tell me at which of the potential berthing sites Viking ships usually dock? Many thanks. 

According to this website, on our cruise we will dock at Stadsgarden which is not within walking distance from Stockholm Central Station….who knows what will/may happen between now and then…..https://www.portsofstockholm.com/vessel-calls/