Late Flight from Barbados ~ Luggage Transfer from Ship to Airport advice/info required please

Shelledpea

Hi All,

We are Flying Home from Barbados in December but we are not due at the airport until 5.30pm for an 8pm flight.

I am wondering if there is any way that we can transfer our luggage from the ship to the airport, as we disembark, so that we can continue our last day unimpeded? I have previously used Bags & Go in Barcelona in a similar situation and found it well worth the payment as we could enjoy a leisurely days sightseeing before our journey home.

We are sailing onboard MSC Seaside in Yacht Club, MSC are offering a tour that ends at the airport for flights departing after 5pm but in my mind that means I'd be stuck at the airport from 3pm until 8pm and having paid £65 / $84 for the privilege when I'd much rather have done some sight seeing and had a nice meal....

Many Thanks in Advance

Shelley

On 4/18/2022 at 7:46 PM, Shelledpea said:

Hi All,

We are Flying Home from Barbados in December but we are not due at the airport until 5.30pm for an 8pm flight.

I am wondering if there is any way that we can transfer our luggage from the ship to the airport, as we disembark, so that we can continue our last day unimpeded? I have previously used Bags & Go in Barcelona in a similar situation and found it well worth the payment as we could enjoy a leisurely days sightseeing before our journey home.

We are sailing onboard MSC Seaside in Yacht Club, MSC are offering a tour that ends at the airport for flights departing after 5pm but in my mind that means I'd be stuck at the airport from 3pm until 8pm and having paid £65 / $84 for the privilege when I'd much rather have done some sight seeing and had a nice meal....

Many Thanks in Advance

Shelley

Sweetfield Manor offer day passes.  A short drive from the port and Airport and close to the beach.

Check direct for availability.  a nice, clean and reasonable for Barbados.

https://sweetfieldmanor.com

• 2 months later...

We have been a few times with MSC Yacht Club out of Barbados.  Assume you have an independent flight i.e. not arranged by MSC.  If so, you will be allowed to delay your departure off the ship as a perk of YC.  We would go to Carlisle Bay for the morning or just walk around Bridgetown, returning to the ship for a late lunch before taking a taxi to the airport which will take about an hour if traffic is bad.  Book into the Executive Lounge (£22/pp), well worth the extra cost as Barbados airport can be a madhouse