Convince Me to Try Windstar!

albertamom

Hi, I am not a tour person, if I do a tour it is usually one on my own. However, I have taken some WS tours and they have been excellent. On this trip as I recall we did a lot of walking. We did not go to Palma, I recall in  Cartagena we walked to the Roman Amphitheater,   lots of boats, the small museum ( I am a museum person and I love small town museums), lovely town we docked in the center. Almeria, the Alcazaba was fascinating, nice beaches. We did not go to the Alhambra, too long a bus trip. I did all the Picasso sites in Malaga. I love art my #2 passion, number 1 Italian opera. Gilbralter went up to the top, took a cab to the lift, do not walk down to the caves, all monkey doo, caves are touristy, we followed Rick Steves, slipping and sliding on monkey doo all the way down. now we laugh, then not so. Monkeys are wild and interesting and lots of them, views are tremendous.

When you go to Cadiz, we did not, it would be hard not to go to Seville. Seville is fabulous, great art, national museum the room of all  Zuberon and his whites ( the way he painted white ), so much to see, Cathedral where Columbus is buried, Alcazar amazing architecture. Fabulous tapa bars.

We adore Barcelona, as well as Lisbon. I am sorry not so much of a help with tours. We are more Flâneurs, wanderers. 

I am originally from Manchester-by-the -Sea ( next town Gloucester ) about 30 miles north of Boston. We have lived and studied in Europe, but for 47 years Cape Cod has been our home. My husband was born in Québec, we adore traveling there but can't get that salt out of our blood. 

Orleans remains pretty with cold water on the ocean side  we swim  everyday in the summer at high tide on the bay side. Know Dennis well. Any questions ask ahead. Hope you have the greatest sail. Susanne

On 4/20/2022 at 1:38 PM, neverlaysup said:

Laundry is included for free if you book a "collector" voyage which is basically a back to back cruise.

True unless your B2B is the 2nd part of one "collector" and the 1st part of the next. We leave in September. We were told no free laundry since although a total of 16 days on the same ship, technically it was not a "collector."  Strange policy especially since the 3rd leg (Black Sea) was cancelled by Windstar for obvious reasons.