Dining

jcool

As a YC guest, there is no need for any kind of a dining plan other than "plan to dine in the YC Restaurant".  

Some YC guests enjoy an evening or more in one of the specialty restaurants.  Why?  I am paying for a YC dining experience and have received it.  Why ought I pay more for something different?  

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Some YC guests enjoy an evening or more in one of the specialty restaurants.  Why?

If I may add to the esteemed RKA's comments, YCers can ask ahead of time for the preparation of pretty much any meal for which the ingredients are on board. We had a lovely paella which was not on the menu that cruise, but does appear on the menu from time to time.

I'd bet that much of what is available at the specialty restaurants can be replicated pretty closely in YC. Obviously, there's no Teppanyaki cooking station in YC, but if you see something on a specialty menu you'd like to try, ask the YC maître d' a day or two in advance if their kitchen can cover it.

• Thanks 1

I'm thinking the OP may be asking about non-YC dining.  We've always stayed in YC, but post-COVID, it seems that many of the complaints on recent MSC sailings have been on lack of quality, flavor, and choices in both MDRs and the Buffet.  While there is no free filet mignon on the everyday menu, there is a a beef steak and a fish (sauteed or baked) available.  You also can have more than one app or entree at any time.  It think the flavor comments center around lack of seasoning, which I think is reasonable when cooking for 1000's.  You can always bring or ask for salt, pepper, or any other seasonings within reason, or bring some of your own.  Personally, I think MSC is going through some growing pains with  increased passenger loads and more ships to staff, so there is likely to be some things that fall through the cracks.  I think if you don't take a fancy to a dish, you can by all means add another one.  Most importantly, food is subjective, and some people may be overwhelmed with true al dente pasta or risotto.  Happy sailing to the OP.